Your favorite location in the NYC Subway

46Dover

I have a favorite section of the NYC Subway and that's riding the Uptown (A) or (D) express between 103rd Street with the drop to the lower level, then the level-off (for lack of a better term) at 110 St-Cathedral Pkwy.

What is yours and why?

I guess my favorite location is kind of bland. I like the junctions at DeKalb coming *from* Manhattan, especially during rush hours.

Whenever I come across the Manhattan Bridge, usually on the (Q), I'd try to follow where all the tracks go. It is dizzying

I have a favorite section of the NYC Subway and that's riding the Uptown (A) or (D) express between 103rd Street with the drop to the lower level, then the level-off (for lack of a better term) at 110 St-Cathedral Pkwy.

What is yours and why?

I love those sections of the CPW. The uptown express is better than the downtown solely because of the drop at 103rd.

I don't really have a favorite. Actually, Broadway Junction (J)(L)(Z) could be one. Like peering out into the yard and the weird tracks. Also looking above or below onto the other line.

My (7) strikes again!

My second favorite is the <7>. Usually a nice express runs if there aren't any delays.

The new South Ferry station is nice, as is the walkway overlooking Corona yard (though that's not technically part of the subway system).

Hopefully it will be nicer after the the station reopens in two years. My favorite place in the subways is the Rockaways. It feels more like a LIRR line than a subway line.

I love Broadway Jct and Atlantic Av L platforms; I love 215 and 207 on the 1 'cause of 207 St Yard; I love the bridge at the shuttle platform that connects track 4 and the ability to see the original IRT connection and seeing  trains pass by; Coney Island; City Hall Loop, City Hall; Chambers St J Z; Myrtle Av J M Z

Wherever there is elevation on the Subway, I am all ears. My favorite elevated portions include the IRT Broadway line and Bridge, IND Culver line (that is not part of the former BMT Culver line), Williamsburg bridge, Manhattan Bridge, Broadway Junction, and the Livonia Avenue/Junius Street (3) and (L) area. I like abandoned and former stations and lines, especially the former LIRR Rockaway line.

i like the (N) between 86 street and Coney Island because it cut right thru the train yard. I also like the brighton line so you can see everybody bedroom if the shade are up .I like the rockaway between airport and the beach especially the bay and how they built the Hyman way ( I am sure that the right name)

Archived