Saw an R-40 on the E

TransitGuy

Yea, just as the title says I saw it with my own eyes while on the (A) at Canal Street. Right across from the platform I saw an R-40 in passenger service on the (E). I believe the number was 4526 (a 4X2X for sure). Pretty interesting sight considering I'm used to seeing R-32's.

Yea, just as the title says I saw it with my own eyes while on the (A) at Canal Street. Right across from the platform I saw an R-40 in passenger service on the (E). I believe the number was 4526 (a 4X2X for sure). Pretty interesting sight considering I'm used to seeing R-32's.
Is that a slant or a mod?

nothing to foam about, 4256 is a mod not a slant, you had me foaming there for a while lol

they've been putting R42's and also 1 or 2 R46 trains on the E lately maybie that R40M/R42 combo train could have gone on there

i did see a R40M A train a few weeks back

nothing to foam about, 4256 is a mod not a slant, you had me foaming there for a while lol

they've been putting R42's and also 1 or 2 R46 trains on the E lately maybie that R40M/R42 combo train could have gone on there

i did see a R40M A train a few weeks back

4256 Is a Slant. 4526 would be a MOD.

R42s have been on the (A) & (E)

R40Ms have also been on the (A).

So now the Question here is, Jamaica Now has R40Ms, and R42s; plus its regular R32/46 Fleet?

4256 Is a Slant. 4526 would be a MOD.

R42s have been on the (A) & (E)

R40Ms have also been on the (A).

So now the Question here is, Jamaica Now has R40Ms, and R42s; plus its regular R32/46 Fleet?

Wouldnt the (C) get a share on this or will they stay stuck with R38s only :confused:

It was not a slant. I had no clue that this was old news so sorry about that.

Its not old news. If R40 Mods are on the (E), then thats new. Its been a while since the NYC Subway roster on TTMG's TransitWiki page has been updated, but it may possibly be that Jamaica just got assigned a few R40Ms. Its a chance though its a set on loaner to Jamaica from Pitkin because 4526 was assigned to Pitkin as of August 26th, 2008.

If it was a 4X2X then you most likely saw an R42. R40Ms have smaller ridges along the sides, an indent spanning the middle of the car and GE propulsion. Jamaica is receiving R42 from ENY Yard. ENY now has 102 R42 while Jamaica has 82 and Pitkin has 87.

There aren't any R46s on the (E) anymore. And they don't send R42/R40M combo trains to Jamaica because ENY only has R42...

Jamaica doesn't have any R40M, those are being sent to Pitkin for the (A). Jamaica does have R42 4638-4727, though, and the numbers will increase.

If it was a 4X2X then you most likely saw an R42. R40Ms have smaller ridges along the sides, an indent spanning the middle of the car and GE propulsion. Jamaica is receiving R42 from ENY Yard. ENY now has 102 R42 while Jamaica has 82 and Pitkin has 87.

There aren't any R46s on the (E) anymore. And they don't send R42/R40M combo trains to Jamaica because ENY only has R42...

Jamaica doesn't have any R40M, those are being sent to Pitkin for the (A). Jamaica does have R42 4638-4727, though, and the numbers will increase.

No more R46s on the (E)? Wow, that was quick...

Ok so Im guessing they will run R42, and I presume R32s too?

yes there are, i rode a R46 E train this past sunday

Ok, first and foremost, the cars that you saw on the (E) are 4626-4627, which are R42s.

Next, Various R42s in the 4600 and 4700 series are now on the (E). The rest are on the (J) and (Z). The only R42s on the (A) are cars 4550-4615.

The R40Ms are also on the (A) with the R42s. IICR, they have 4482-4549 respectively.

R40Ms 4450-4481 are still on the (:D as well as some R40 Slants. The (:P is the only current subway line that are still running the R40 Slants. I'd expect to see the rest of the R40Ms to be transferred to the (A) at any day now as more R160s get accepted.

If you're wondrering about 4460-4665, they are on the (A).

I'm also hearing that the R40Ms and R42s will soon be seeing service on the (C) to retire the R38s. When that will happen? Probably sometime next year.

Archived