Could the BxM4C be a Select Bus Service?

ConcourseExp

First of all, the Select Bus Service brand is a NYCDOT/MTA brand only. No other bus system can use that brand. Second of all, why would an express route need any kind of BRT service ? It does pick up only in one borough and drop off only in another borough. Don't over complicate simplicity.

Yes, I totally agree with you!

Can we let the thread die we all know how nonsensical it is just BRT w21 add all day service drop the joke that is the 20x and call it a day. Tzx can use less stops to be a true EXP and future BRT. And add 17 service & restructure 77,15 and I-87 for a better rapid network to complement the metro-north.

You two understood what he was tryna say? Because I sure as hell didn't.......

all that I heard was gibberish the 4c ain't exactly bursting with riders north of tuckahoe.

I didn't say BL12 W12 will be phased out.

W12 should run more service during school days to/from Armonk/HPN, SUNY Purchase and weekends to/from HPN because taxis not cheap in Westchester County.

Unlike you apparently, I can read.....

Who the hell said you said that? What part of basically don't you understand....

Have the 21 run to the airport (non stop or not), and there's a very good chance service on the #12 would be greatly affected.... Bee Line isn't gonna piss away money like that (running 21's to the airport & having the #12 run locally from the Transcenter to Armonk weekdays (to the airport weekends))....

On top of this crap about running the 21 to the airport, you're now bringing up more service on the #12... Because taxi's aren't cheap...

Or did you not mention #21's running to the airport.....

This is what I'm dealing with here....

Unlike you apparently, I can read.....

Who the hell said you said that? What part of basically don't you understand....

Have the 21 run to the airport (non stop or not), and there's a very good chance service on the #12 would be greatly affected.... Bee Line isn't gonna piss away money like that (running 21's to the airport & having the #12 run locally from the Transcenter to Armonk weekdays (to the airport weekends))....

On top of this crap about running the 21 to the airport, you're now bringing up more service on the #12... Because taxi's aren't cheap...

Or did you not mention #21's running to the airport.....

This is what I'm dealing with here....

Hey, this is the same guy who basically praises NICE bus "improvements"....  <_<

The 21 running from Bedford Park to Westchester Airport is overkill...

Apparently the discontinuation of AirLink means nothing.....

Hey, this is the same guy who basically praises NICE bus "improvements"....  <_<

Good point....

Don't be surprised if he comes back telling you that *I not say I praise NICE bus improvement*... smh lol....

what did I miss when I was gone?

I didn't say BL12 W12 will be phased out.

W12 should run more service during school days to/from Armonk/HPN, SUNY Purchase and weekends to/from HPN because taxis not cheap in Westchester County.

if W21 or any bus runs non stop between white plains & HPN the little ridership left on the W12 will disappear as they won't use it and the W12 will have to be restructured completely and taken out of white plains to remain relevant or risk elimination. W12 lost many riders to the SUNY shuttle and W13.

Apparently the discontinuation of AirLink means nothing.....

Good point....

Don't be surprised if he comes back telling you that *I not say I praise NICE bus improvement*... smh lol....

I am curious how many use the HPN airport on weekends? Or is that area just plain dead.

.....if W21 or any bus runs non stop between white plains & HPN the little ridership left on the W12 will disappear as they won't use it and the W12 will have to be restructured completely and taken out of white plains to remain relevant or risk elimination. W12 lost many riders to the SUNY shuttle and W13.

Well they won't strip it from white plains, but it would become a weekday only service.....To be perfectly honest, I'm surprised that isn't the current situation now... But then again, I could imagine the county-wide backlash if Bee-line were to sever service to/from the airport....

You are right about the loss of riders the BL-12 though.

I am curious how many use the HPN airport on weekends? Or is that area just plain dead.

I'll put it this way.... The airport itself is utilized more than you might think on weekends - but the thing is, #12 usage in & out of there is rather lacking..... Even when the 12 ran to Jefferson Valley mall, usage at the airport wadn't too great then either....

If FamousNYLover thinks there's some type of demand from the Bronx, or much of lower westchester to HPN, he's sorely mistaken :lol:

Well, if this 21 was made, extending it to the airport and making it stop at SUNY Purchase and the airport, and there goes your weekend 12, down the drain. The airport is really the only reason the 12 runs on weekends. SUNY Purchase has a shuttle bus IIRC, for free. The problem would be it's frequencies, as service headways wouldn't be the same. On the weekends, it would probably be every 4th bus or something that would go to the airport. 

That is, theoretically speaking.

Well they won't strip it from white plains, but it would become a weekday only service.....To be perfectly honest, I'm surprised that isn't the current situation now... But then again, I could imagine the county-wide backlash if Bee-line were to sever service to/from the airport....

You are right about the loss of riders the BL-12 though.

I'll put it this way.... The airport itself is utilized more than you might think on weekends - but the thing is, #12 usage in & out of there is rather lacking..... Even when the 12 ran to Jefferson Valley mall, usage at the airport wadn't too great then either....

If FamousNYLover thinks there's some type of demand from the Bronx, or much of lower westchester to HPN, he's sorely mistaken :lol:

to be fair W12 service past Armonk was a dismal bihourly service. Also when I used the HPN airport I did meet folks from the Bronx , lower and upper Westchester and even pleasantville boarding flights. However the time from WP to HPN is only 10 minutes so it won't add too much to any route from white plains. The current W12 is like the W14 and a lesser extent the 1 it's riders are captive to those routes if given better options those long winding routes would lose many riders. The W12 only remains in it's form due to airlink's elimination. W14 is a super broken long route as is the w1 to a lesser degree.

to be fair W12 service past Armonk was a dismal bihourly service. Also when I used the HPN airport I did meet folks from the Bronx , lower and upper Westchester and even pleasantville boarding flights. However the time from WP to HPN is only 10 minutes so it won't add too much to any route from white plains.

The current W12 is like the W14 and a lesser extent the 1 it's riders are captive to those routes if given better options those long winding routes would lose many riders. The W12 only remains in it's form due to airlink's elimination. W14 is a super broken long route as is the w1 to a lesser degree.

The point was not about service to JVM, so there's nothing "to be fair" about..... The point was, there isn't/wasn't that great a difference between the amt. of people that utilized the airport on weekends on the old #12, compared to the current #12......

Secondly, 10 minutes is a significant amount of time to the #21.....

Lastly, let's not segue into talking about other routes (#1, #14).... Neither of those routes run to the airport (which is the focal point of FamousNYLover's suggestion or whatever).....

Well, if this 21 was made, extending it to the airport and making it stop at SUNY Purchase and the airport, and there goes your weekend 12, down the drain. The airport is really the only reason the 12 runs on weekends. SUNY Purchase has a shuttle bus IIRC, for free. The problem would be it's frequencies, as service headways wouldn't be the same. On the weekends, it would probably be every 4th bus or something that would go to the airport. 

That is, theoretically speaking.

could have sworn I replied to this post in the same one above....

I was gonna say, what's funny to me about this whole #21 to Westchester county airport bit is that, knowing this dude, he's probably trying to attract tourists to/from that airport from/to NYC :lol:.... Yes, tourists matter, but you have to consider certain intricacies - I mean, HPN is not that kind of airport, and you wouldn't get tourists tryna get from far out in  Westchester, just to ultimately get to NYC by way of Bedford Park on one bus.... Same reason why you won't generally see tourists on the B15 or the Q3 - it's not coincidence (Q10 & [Q70 now/Q33 prior], different story).....

If not for tourists, this makes even less sense, as Westchester patrons from the south, nor NYC patrons are not looking to take the bus to that airport.... The people that took the old AirLink mainly came out of taxi's & the RR itself....

Again... :lol: @ trying to structure the BL-21 like the TzX.....

(you know, the nonstop portion toward downtown white plains, after serving Rockland county the way it does)

How anyone with half a brain that knows about the BL-12 couldn't realize...

You know what, nevermind, I'd be talking to a brick wall in even trying to get all this through to this dude Famous....

Today on my way to MTA Public Hearing, I took Bee-Line BxM4C from 47th St to White Plains for W20.

I boarded 15:30 W28 (BxM4C) at 15:41 and bus didn't arrive Westchester County Center until 17:30, 35 minutes late from 16:55. He was wonderful male bus driver. When bus was approaching McClean Av, bus driver announce, "Ladies & Gentlemen! If you're crossing McClean Av, please be careful because there was one lady who got hit by car!"

Today on my way to MTA Public Hearing, I took Bee-Line BxM4C from 47th St to White Plains for W20.

I boarded 15:30 W28 (BxM4C) at 15:41 and bus didn't arrive Westchester County Center until 17:30, 35 minutes late from 16:55. He was wonderful male bus driver. When bus was approaching McClean Av, bus driver announce, "Ladies & Gentlemen! If you're crossing McClean Av, please be careful because there was one lady who got hit by car!"

please don't spam this thread

1) You started this post by telling us you took the BxM4c.... Ok, cool...

So why is it necessary to then state in that very next statement what the internal route number for the BxM4c is (to then put BxM4c in parentheses)? It had NO relevance to your ride whatsoever....

2) lmfao @ an almost 2 hour trip...

3) Honestly, I think that was tasteless for that b/o to announce such a thing.... It's one thing if he's telling one or two people (or however many people were close enough to the front door) that, but it is quite another to make an announcement as the bus reached that intersection/stop to everyone on the bus to be careful because some lady got hit by a car there....

I do not always spam thread.

So you admit to spamming.....

Not always = not never.

That wasnt related to anything in the first place. Not the first time either.

How could it have been (his first time).... Remember, he doesn't ALWAYS spam threads :lol:

Archived