Fare-beating teen gets phone stolen by crook posing as NYPD cop

Via Garibaldi 8

Fare-beating teen gets phone stolen by crook posing as NYPD cop 

The 13-year-old ducked under a turnstile and was fooled into handing a man his HTC One cell phone at the W. 168th St. and Ft. Washington Ave. subway station in Washington Heights last month according to police.

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Wednesday, November 12, 2014, 8:04 AM

St. and Ft. Washington Ave. subway station in Washington Heights last month according to police.

A fare-beating teen got a life lesson when a crook posing as a cop stole his cell phone.

The 13-year-old boy fell for the con last month after ducking under a turnstile around 4 p.m. at the W. 168th St. and Ft. Washington Ave. subway station in Washington Heights, cops said.

The teen was approached by a man who claimed to be a cop.

Rattled by the mock bust, which went down Oct. 14, the teen didn't protest when the fake cop demanded his phone, according to police.

The bogus officer told the boy he needed the HTC One cell to take pictures then dashed off with the device.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/fare-beating-teen-phone-stolen-crook-posing-article-1.2007868

LMAO... I almost spit out my panna cotta when I read this...   :lol:

Jeez, even I wouldn't do something that stupid.

Yeah well he had no way of knowing that the guy was a crook.  He probably assumed that the guy was a plain clothed undercover cop, and since he just jumped the turnstile, he was scared out of his pants and just went along thinking anything would be better than being arrested. LOL

What kind of a kid gives a his phone to a cop if he jumped the turnstile? Unless he was taking pictures of women, he should have at least said "Why?" and "Why do you I have to give it to you? I wasnt doing anything wrong with it." And isn't their a station agent near the turnstiles?

There's no train station at 168th Street & Fort Washington Avenue...

After all that...you point out something completely irrelevant. God I love this forum.

As other people said, that kid must of been crapping his pants off. Then again in most cases a cop wouldn't ask for your phone...I mean 99.9% of the time they'd ask for your ID.

After all that...you point out something completely irrelevant. God I love this forum.

As other people said, that kid must of been crapping his pants off. Then again in most cases a cop wouldn't ask for your phone...I mean 99.9% of the time they'd ask for your ID.

I can't stand misinformation; do you have an issue with that?

Well, if you get caught, there's a pretty stiff penalty for impersonating an officer...

Doesn't sound like he flashed a fake badge or police ID or anything, so I wouldn't be surprised if a good lawyer was able to convince a jury that he wasn''t really impersonating a cop in a meaningful way

Then why was he talking about some station? I thought Someone merged this thread by accident.

So, long story short, NEVER give your phone to a cop unless they have evidence you did something wrong with it.

By the way, Did they catch the fake cop?

Archived