First Ride On 3814 (S90)

SIR North Shore

Well, just like other's said, I didn't really attempt to hunt the O7s down but rather just wait until it shown up.

Today, I got off the boat at 525pm and managed to spot an S40 O7NG that turned into a NIS and left St. George as well as another heading back towards CAS from Ramp A.

So I looked towards Richmond Terrace and saw yet another S40 O7NG stopped at the bus stop across the street from the ferry. But this one pulled over to the side at Ramp D, meaning that it was getting ready to do the next S40/S90 run out of St. George. I quickly let the 530pm buses go to wait until it came into service.

img00063hy9.jpg

To put everything in a few words, these O7NGs are amazing! They're very nicely built, comfortable (they use a different seating brand), quieter and less "jumpier" than the old gen O7s, and they have the pull cords throughout the entire bus (no strips at all) giving easy access to anybody at any seat and it also has a more subtle gray interior color.

As the mass herds came up from the 545pm boat, all I heard was "OMG NEW BUS!!" Lol just like AMoreira81's experience. The passengers and passerbys loved the bus! The ride on the S90 was great and quick as usual though and the B/O did take it very easy over the many potholes in the Snug Harbor area which was nice even though you hardly even felt the bumps.

And what also shocked me was that there seemed to be a good amount of Hybrids on the S40 lately even though there was two different incidents on the line over the weekend.

After riding the O7, I don't know about those O5s anymore. They do in fact seem rather crappy compared to the ride that the O7s give.

img00064hl6.jpg

img00065hg8.jpg

(Please forgive the pictures, they were taken on a Sidekick!)

And what also shocked me was that there seemed to be a good amount of Hybrids on the S40 lately even though there was two different incidents on the line over the weekend.

After riding the O7, I don't know about those O5s anymore. They do in fact seem rather crappy compared to the ride that the O7s give.

(Please forgive the pictures, they were taken on a Sidekick!)

They really need to do something about Richmond Terrace IMO. It shouldnt be jacking buses up like this. O7 > O5... nuff said.

Have you seen 3821-3825 or 3828+ yet?

Off topic: mad random but did you take these pics with the new sidekick or the lx? They aren't half bad for phone pics.

They really need to do something about Richmond Terrace IMO. It shouldnt be jacking buses up like this. O7 > O5... nuff said.

Have you seen 3821-3825 or 3828+ yet?

Off topic: mad random but did you take these pics with the new sidekick or the lx? They aren't half bad for phone pics.

I agree about Richmond Terrace, but the DOT completely ignores it.

I have yet to see 3821+ in person yet, although they may be at CAS already. It is becoming just a slight bit easier to spot the O7s as the numbers increase but it's still a pool of '99 O5s for the most part.

And I took the 3 pics with a LX, it takes good pictures!

Archived