OTT's are now swimming

NYCboy

i NEVER thought this day would come,the OTT trains are coming to an end,i will miss there propullsion package,even Dough it sounds nothing like propullsion,we people now it does,the R32 and R38 R40 R42 r44 R46 (sorry R68 you still ogt life) will always be rememberd,i cant believe it,my child hood friends,are almost gone,especially the R40s and R32.2012 will be the year when those trains hit the final number and go swimming,there will never be another train that looks like those OTT's,sure the NTTs are great,but for the passngers,not us subway members,so guys,create a poem dedicated to them:)

yeah i couldnt agree with u more my dude...they are truly childhood friends i grew up with...we cut school together,met girls together,walked tunnels together,went to the far reaches of the city together,read tags on the walls together, now we hardly ever see each other. Ill especially miss the R38's couple of reasons...theyre used on my favorite line, were a great ride i used to especially love to ride them in between the cars through the fulton tunnels rocking back & forth as the train would sing to me with the lyrics of "da-dun...da-dun" while 3rd rail sparks lit up in the darkness. it was especially fun going down the long stretch between howard beach & broad channel.

i NEVER thought this day would come,the OTT trains are coming to an end,i will miss there propullsion package,even Dough it sounds nothing like propullsion,we people now it does,the R32 and R38 R40 R42 r44 R46 (sorry R68 you still ogt life) will always be rememberd,i cant believe it,my child hood friends,are almost gone,especially the R40s and R32.2012 will be the year when those trains hit the final number and go swimming,there will never be another train that looks like those OTT's,sure the NTTs are great,but for the passngers,not us subway members,so guys,create a poem dedicated to them:)

I will MISS them when they're gone but it's all part of change and things getting newer...someday people will wax nostalgic for the R160's...

As for the propulsions, you can still catch the WH propulsion on the R62A's and the GE on the R62's, just to name a couple for you since you seem interested in that...so it won't be gone forever...

...yet...

i remember the brake release sounds the R40,42's back before they got rebuilt... actually the R38's as well i miss that greatly...some of the older PATH cars have that sound

• 2 weeks later...
I will MISS them when they're gone but it's all part of change and things getting newer...someday people will wax nostalgic for the R160's...

As for the propulsions, you can still catch the WH propulsion on the R62A's and the GE on the R62's, just to name a couple for you since you seem interested in that...so it won't be gone forever...

...yet...

there are no more westinghouse propulsion systems.... only an occasional WH traction motor The GE boxs after the R44 are eCams... until the R110 obviously which are AC powered. Wayyy different than the older control boxes.

Archived