(H) or (K) Lines?

ConcourseExp

I just remembered, that the (H) was an 8 Aveune Line and had good service and the (K) was a line that substituted for the (C) to World Trade Center and for (E) train customers going north on the (C) Line. Now which line is better?

What LTA means is that you should've just posted this question there, especially if it was just for a random youtube video.

I personally think the (K) was useless, since it was just the (C) line except with a short turn, serving all of the same stations as it. (For some reason people think Chambers Street is another stop than World Trade Center, but it's really the same station, unless they don't want to walk for a tiny bit.)

Also the (H) is just another name for the Rockaway Shuttle, and if you are talking about the Court Street Shuttle, it was useless because of low ridership and Court Street being 3 blocks away. The (H) was never used as a true 8th Avenue line name.

Also the (H) is just another name for the Rockaway Shuttle, and if you are talking about the Court Street Shuttle, it was useless because of low ridership and Court Street being 3 blocks away. The (H) was never used as a true 8th Avenue line name.

Which is why I can't figure out why the old punch boxes on the 8 Ave are sometimes labeled for the K/H.

Well, the K one is easy. Before the C became the dominant 8th Ave local, the K was the primary local in Manhattan since it ran at all times except nights and rush hours. It'd make sense the punch boxes were labelled for the K and not the C or CC. The H? I got nothing, unless they were being really proactive about that '91 service reduction where the H would run from Penn Station to the Rockaways.

Archived