Ferguson Thread

TheNewYorkElevated

"He's a murder"

"He was justified"

"You hate black people"

"This isn't about black people"

"You are ignorant"

"You're a moron"

There I saved you the trouble of the arguments of last week, let's just lock this please...

Nailed it.

In summary:
Because the officer is white and the perp is black, the perp is now celebrated as a martyr for the black community. Never mind the fact that anyone of any race doing what that ****er did would have been shot the same way. And because of these incidents, the police are going to apply a lot less effort where effort is needed most. Those communities become victims of their own activism, and will wallow in misery.

I've been saying that for ages.

There is a sizable number of members of the African American community who think they have carte blanche to do what they want, when they want, how they want, and anyone who corrects them is racist. That they are allowed to act a certain way since because they are black.

I'll now present a simple example;

When my sister went to high school, she went to an all girls school in College Point. Because she deiced to take French, and only a small group chose to take French as their language, she was grouped with a large number of Creole girls from Jamaica (Queens). These girls thought they could breeze through French because they spoke Creole, even though the two languages have drifted apart over the years and knowing one is not an automatic route to knowing the other. This group of girls was rather noisy, in general. The talked loud, they yelled a lot.

And their reasoning was, and I'm quoting here, "We loud cause we black."

Now, aside from that statement being a grammatical nightmare (why should someone learn a third, let alone a second langue when they don't have a grasp on one...), where is it written that because they are black, they can be loud, or that because they are black, that they have to be loud? 

And does it really need to change? Depends on your perspective I guess.

Natural selection ensures that populations not fit to thrive, die off. Of course, with government assistance, they reproduce faster than are shot and killed by others within their own community.

Natural selection ensures that populations not fit to thrive, die off. Of course, with government assistance, they reproduce faster than are shot and killed by others within their own community.

Not only black people are on government assistance you know. Go to the foothills of Kentucky and you might get a more, shall we say, multicolored perspective. 

Not only black people are on government assistance you know. Go to the foothills of Kentucky and you might get a more, shall we say, multicolored perspective. 

It's obvious that not only black people are on government assistance. But when you look at the numbers, government aid is distributed to whites (38.8%) and blacks (39.8%) almost evenly, yet blacks are 13.2% of the population while whites are 77.7% of the population; blacks are 6 times more likely to be recipients. And if you compare the numbers from the two pages, what stands out is that the percentage of blacks on welfare exceeds the percentage of blacks in the total population; for all other racial categories, it's the opposite. The unemployment rate for blacks is also currently 10.9% versus 4.8% for whites. And let's not forget the crime statistics.

A multi-colored perspective is ideal, but the attention goes where the colors are boldest.

In summary:

Because the officer is white and the perp is black, the perp is now celebrated as a martyr for the black community. Never mind the fact that anyone of any race doing what that ****er did would have been shot the same way. And because of these incidents, the police are going to apply a lot less effort where effort is needed most. Those communities become victims of their own activism, and will wallow in misery.

Get the f**k off this forum. 

It's obvious that not only black people are on government assistance. But when you look at the numbers, government aid is distributed to whites (38.8%) and blacks (39.8%) almost evenly, yet blacks are 13.2% of the population while whites are 77.7% of the population; blacks are 6 times more likely to be recipients. And if you compare the numbers from the two pages, what stands out is that the percentage of blacks on welfare exceeds the percentage of blacks in the total population; for all other racial categories, it's the opposite. The unemployment rate for blacks is also currently 10.9% versus 4.8% for whites. And let's not forget the crime statistics.

A multi-colored perspective is ideal, but the attention goes where the colors are boldest.

What do you suggest doing with these blacks?

What do you suggest doing with these blacks?

It's not what should be done with/to them. Any effort not lead by a black person is going to be viewed with suspicion. It's what they should do with themselves. Any other groups should, likewise, do the same.

That said, I've also come across commentators claiming that the long-term trend shows a decrease in violent black crime over the decades. (I'll need to find other sources that agree later.) It's a good direction to be coming from, but at the same time also an argument against more "solutions." As the saying goes, don't fix what ain't broken.

"What should we do with those blacks?" You say? How about teach them. Help them. Help them to learn there is something else beyond the proverbial hole all too many have dug for themselves.

The African American community supposedly wants "equality", well step one is acting the part.

"What should we do with those blacks?" You say? How about teach them. Help them. Help them to learn there is something else beyond the proverbial hole all too many have dug for themselves.

The African American community supposedly wants "equality", well step one is acting the part.

There are a lot of problems with the African-American community. You're right to a degree.  The problem is two fold... There is a lot of hatred within the African American community amongst themselves so that the black male is ridiculed by other African-Americans for getting an education, or better yet, not going into the traditional fields that "educated blacks" go into. They are called sell-outs and traitors.  In short you have the blacks that are stuck in the ghetto and stuck in a mindset that says it's okay not to succeed and to think that playing sports or doing "typical black" things is fine.  I think the whole thing is ridiculous, but in short there's the whole issue of blacks trying to progress while still holding onto black stereotypes and many of those black stereotypes are precisely why they can't get ahead. 

The corporate world and the white collar jobs are controlled by the white elite and are based on networking.  Blacks generally don't know other blacks in the corporate world and are shut out from that opportunity.  In my office building you can count the blacks on one hand that have white collar jobs.  Maybe one or two at the most.  The blacks here all do security (which is a typical low skilled, low paying job that black males take because that's a job that they're "expected" to do for reasons I won't get into).  Then there is the stigma that blacks face as being considered dangerous and not smart enough to succeed in the corporate world by whites, and stuck up and not black enough by other blacks.  It's easy to say that they should "pull themselves up" but a lot of things have to change in the black community in order for those things to happen.  I'm of mixed background, and as an outsider, I am really amazed at what I see in the black community, as I tutor a few black kids.  Their whole mentality is completely different from that of white children and other minority children. They are told to "get an education" but their parents usually aren't educated enough to even assist them on how to get an education, and help them with their homework, classwork, etc. so that they can get ahead.  

White children and other minorities have numerous advantages over black kids.  If a white kid is doing poorly in school, usually the parents can afford a tutor, or they receive incentives to get an education.  There are also other cultural and economic aspects that come into play as well.  When you have money you can afford to do certain things that those with less money simply can't do.  Blacks for example aren't known to invest and save in part because they are generally poor, so you have a whole mentality issue at play.  Whites generally have more money and teach their children early on how to invest and save so that they have money.  When white kids fail, their parents can support them financially.  Usually not the case with blacks.

I think the whole thing is ridiculous, but in short there's the whole issue of blacks trying to progress while still holding onto black stereotypes and many of those black stereotypes is precisely why they can't get ahead.

There are indeed—black people who succeed and integrate into the fabric of society. But few of these successful blacks ever go back to help their brethren. I meet these people in hipster-infested areas of the city, and—by golly—if you were a blind man, you'd think the guy was white.

I'm of mixed background, and as an outsider, I am really amazed at what I see in the black community, as I tutor a few black kids.  Their whole mentality is completely different from that of white children and other minority children. They are told to "get an education" but their parents usually aren't educated enough to even assist them on how to get an education, and help them with their homework, classwork, etc. so that they can get ahead.  

White children and other minorities have numerous advantages over black kids.  If a white kid is doing poorly in school, usually the parents can afford a tutor, or they receive incentives to get an education.  There are also other cultural and economic aspects that come into play as well.  When you have money you can afford to do certain things that those with less money simply can't do.  Blacks for example aren't known to invest and save in part because they are generally poor, so you have a whole mentality issue at play.  Whites generally have more money

My parents weren't educated enough to assist me with homework. I did poorly in school… and my parents' solution was to have me attend the free after school courses. That leaves the mentality issues, which are the real problem:

the black male is ridiculed by other African-Americans for getting an education, or better yet, not going into the traditional fields that "educated blacks" go into. They are called sell-outs and traitors. In short you have the blacks that are stuck in the ghetto and stuck in a mindset that says it's okay not to succeed and to think that playing sports or doing "typical black" things is fine.

…and this…

teach their children early on how to invest and save so that they have money. When white kids fail, their parents can support them financially. Usually not the case with blacks.

There are indeed—black people who succeed and integrate into the fabric of society. But few of these successful blacks ever go back to help their brethren. I meet these people in hipster-infested areas of the city, and—by golly—if you were a blind man, you'd think the guy was white.

That's the other problem with society... Black people that don't act like "stereotypical blacks" are heckled for "acting white".  At the same time they're ridiculed when they don't speak properly, but then called white when they do.  It's kind of a no win situation because they're supposed to better themselves, but still maintain certain "black stereotypes" so that they don't "act" too white.  In other words, only whites and non-blacks "normally" speak properly, don't dress with their pants hanging off of their @ss etc.  LOL

And I go to a college where acting and the doing is in play.

Nice try, though.

I found this just now:

It's not easy to figure out what needs to be done though. You can't simply mix a population and dissolve rich neighborhoods, and the rich are going to complain if their kids are forced to attend underperforming schools just to make way for minorities to attend their better performing schools.

Archived