Ferguson Thread

TheNewYorkElevated

Why are people comparing the rioting that happened there to the Boston Tea Party. Useful riots have went against their target, such as the Patriots against heavily taxed tea, or the Stonewall Riots where gays rioted against police after the police raided them. These rioters do not even care about trial, they are just using it as an excuse to act like primitive apes!

Why are people comparing the rioting that happened there to the Boston Tea Party. Useful riots have went against their target, such as the Patriots against heavily taxed tea, or the Stonewall Riots where gays rioted against police after the police raided them. These rioters do not even care about trial, they are just using it as an excuse to act like primitive apes!

Well, unfortunately for you, the Garner protests have been a lot less violent. Can't compare them to apes, can you?

Apes are inherently violent?

He obviously never meant they were peaceful, either.

You know Quill wants to compare these violent rioters, mostly black, to apes. It gives him an excuse to call them apes, because that's what he thinks they really are.

It's implicit racism.

And you know it as well.

I found this just now:

It's not easy to figure out what needs to be done though. You can't simply mix a population and dissolve rich neighborhoods, and the rich are going to complain if their kids are forced to attend underperforming schools just to make way for minorities to attend their better performing schools.

Not only that, but it's a huge mistake to try to integrate affluent residents with poor ones.  The US gov't (thanks to the Obama administration) is trying that crap in parts of Westchester, and the local politicians there are trying to do everything to sidestep the mandate by avoiding construction projects for "affordable housing" in affluent areas, and instead is concentrating all of the construction in places like Southwest Yonkers, which is already a dump.  :lol: The only thing that will happen is those with money will take their kids out of the local schools and put them in private ones, and if the situation becomes even worse, they will move elsewhere.  All I know is any neighborhood that I live in that I see is changing for the worse, I'm getting the hell out ASAP.  Areas with money stay nice because those areas have residents that have a vested interest in the community, and they invest in it accordingly.  Poor folks don't have money to invest in the neighborhood, and they also tend to carry certain mentalities along with them that tear down the neighborhood.  

That's one of the advantages to not living in the city where you have penthouses next to housing projects.  Not my cup of tea.  They shouldn't try to force those living situations on suburban areas of the city and in the suburbs.

I found this just now:

It's not easy to figure out what needs to be done though. You can't simply mix a population and dissolve rich neighborhoods, and the rich are going to complain if their kids are forced to attend underperforming schools just to make way for minorities to attend their better performing schools.

Wouldn't it make more sense to just reform and clean up the inner city schools?

He obviously never meant they were peaceful, either.

You know Quill wants to compare these violent rioters, mostly black, to apes. It gives him an excuse to call them apes, because that's what he thinks they really are.

It's implicit racism.

And you know it as well.

If I wanted to be racist I'd call them n!ggers. The people in Ferguson are acting like animals over their brothers death. It's total nonsense to riot and have no defined target.

Archived