Hudson-Bergen Light Rail segment remains suspended

mfs NJT459

The segment/branch between Liberty State Park and West Side avenue remains suspended due to a sewage break.

http://pix11.com/2014/11/24/portion-of-hudson-bergen-light-rail-service-halted-due-to-sewage-leak/

What buses are shuttling passengers

They had Coach Usa doing it up until like last friday....Now i've been seeing Acadamy Doing the shuttling....

I don't think Transit can run buses for the HBLR since it's privately operated under contract and the private operator has to arrange for the buses if the service goes out. Aside from Academy and Coach, who is there really (unless A&C would do it)?

I'm speculating, but since the sewarage problem (most likely a city/county issue) is not caused by CRS (the private entity running HBLR) then NJT is most likely contracting the temporary/emergency shuttling until the HBLR can be used.

Also, what is the route for the shuttle?

I can easily see getting to Garfield Ave from LSP, but what way are they getting to MLK and West Side?

I'm speculating, but since the sewarage problem (most likely a city/county issue) is not caused by CRS (the private entity running HBLR) then NJT is most likely contracting the temporary/emergency shuttling until the HBLR can be used.

I can easily see getting to Garfield Ave from LSP, but what way are they getting to MLK and West Side?

If it was Transit they'd probably be able to bring out their own buses.

Once it leaves Garfield Ave Station it Turns Right on Carteret Ave until it reaches Ocean Ave then a left and a quick right onto Kearny Ave until MLk Drive makes a right onto MLK one block MLK Station...Then it Stays straight until Union St left onto Union St until it reaches West Side Ave Left onto West Side Ave until it reaches the Station.. 

Once it leaves Garfield Ave Station it Turns Right on Carteret Ave until it reaches Ocean Ave then a left and a quick right onto Kearny Ave until MLk Drive makes a right onto MLK one block MLK Station...Then it Stays straight until Union St left onto Union St until it reaches West Side Ave Left onto West Side Ave until it reaches the Station.. 

Thanks!

I was kinda concerned about the turns the buses would have had to negotiate, but this looks like no problem.

Archived