NJ College spends $218 grand on a conference table made in China

mfs NJT459

I'm disgusted that they couldn't reinvest here and buy MADE IN USA.  What is nice is that more Americans are realizing that more jobs are going overseas and checking labels to see where things are made at.  There are also a lot of green American companies proudly making their products right here in the US with American labor and skill.  

It really doesn't matter whether it's made in China, the US, or whatever particular country springs to mind. The fact that it cost $219,000 is baffling to say the least. I can't see the need for a table that expensive. You need this major communication hub? It's called Skype and some laptops. And I guarantee it won't cost nearly a quarter of a million dollars.

It's called Skype and some laptops. And I guarantee it won't cost nearly a quarter of a million dollars.

Laptops can also be moved around. If the conference attendees are feeling a little OCD, they can always make the effort to arrange their laptops to make a perfect circle.

I'm disgusted that they couldn't reinvest here and buy MADE IN USA.  What is nice is that more Americans are realizing that more jobs are going overseas and checking labels to see where things are made at.  There are also a lot of green American companies proudly making their products right here in the US with American labor and skill.  

The point of the Chinese table was to support the local industry around their sister campus in China.

The point of the Chinese table was to support the local industry around their sister campus in China.

This is an American college supporting someone else's economy. If the shoe was the other foot, the Chinese would not be doing this. As usual another American too afraid to be patriotic and support Americans and American made products!

It really doesn't matter whether it's made in China, the US, or whatever particular country springs to mind. The fact that it cost $219,000 is baffling to say the least. I can't see the need for a table that expensive. You need this major communication hub? It's called Skype and some laptops. And I guarantee it won't cost nearly a quarter of a million dollars.

You obviously have no regard for the millions of American jobs that have been lost over the years with that sort of thinking. It most certainly does matter where this table was made!

Believe it or not, I do care. I would have the same disgust if the damn thing was built here as I would if it was built elsewhere. See, I also care about the rapidly escalating costs of higher education as well. And do you know who's going to pay for that expensive table? The students through higher tuition costs.

Archived