(Q) Late Night Local

ConcourseExp

I personally don't really like the (Q). But is it really worth it to make the (Q) run local in Manhattan because the (N) is always lagging behind and it takes 14 minutes for the next train to come.

I think the (Q) should run local with the low headways. Also the (6) should be extended to Bowling Green late nights to provide a transfer at Fulton.

No need for the (6) to do that. If people at local stops along Lexington Ave need to go south of Brooklyn Bridge, they'll just wait for the (4) anyway.

No need for the (6) to do that. If people at local stops along Lexington Ave need to go south of Brooklyn Bridge, they'll just wait for the (4) anyway.

Actually, that's not a bad idea. People could take the (4) local all the way to Atlantic Avenue. And the (6) train idea, is good, but no frequency on the line would happen. Think of this situation like FASTRACK.

Actually, that's not a bad idea. People could take the (4) local all the way to Atlantic Avenue. And the (6) train idea, is good, but no frequency on the line would happen. Think of this situation like FASTRACK.

It's mainly about ridership, which currently doesn't warrant an extension.

Back to the original topic, the (Q) is running local in Manattan late nights for the very reason you mentioned.

I think the (Q) should run local with the low headways. Also the (6) should be extended to Bowling Green late nights to provide a transfer at Fulton.

You guys are acting like you're giving the local Lex riders a one-seat ride to Fulton, Wall and Bowling Green. The (4) already serves that purpose. It doesn't matter. Anyway, stop bringing that up, as this thread is about the (Q) train serving five extra stops in Manhattan overnight. You guys are just going to have to deal with it and get over it. The Broadway Express doesn't even save much time, yet you guys still make such remarks about it. It only saves 1-2 minutes at most, nothing to fret about.

You guys are acting like you're giving the local Lex riders a one-seat ride to Fulton, Wall and Bowling Green. The (4) already serves that purpose. It doesn't matter. Anyway, stop bringing that up, as this thread is about the (Q) train serving five extra stops in Manhattan overnight. You guys are just going to have to deal with it and get over it. The Broadway Express doesn't even save much time, yet you guys still make such remarks about it. It only saves 1-2 minutes at most, nothing to fret about.

Why is it a bad idea giving more service. I'm sure a few extra stops on the (6) wouldn't inconvenience anybody. I certainly wouldn't want to wait another 10 minutes for a (4) to make a transfer. 

The (D) can run CPW local at night no problem if they really wanted to do that. As for 6 Av, makes no sense for 2 stops

They should really look in having D loc CPW overnight hours.

The (D) can run CPW local at night no problem if they really wanted to do that. As for 6 Av, makes no sense for 2 stops

They should really look in having D loc CPW overnight hours.

I'm sure they can do local service on CPW, but I will only support it if 6 Avenue or any orher line the (D) uses really needs it.

They certainly stop the (D) all the time at 59 Street to make it wait for the local (A). They might as well run it local.

That's why making it run local wouldn't work. People would miss their connections if both trains were to arrive on the local track.

If the (D) makes all stops on CPW, there is no need to transfer to the (A) unless you are going to Washington Heights or Inwood.

My question is even though there are very few people riding at this time, would the (D) local on CPW work?

If the (D) makes all stops on CPW, there is no need to transfer to the (A) unless you are going to Washington Heights or Inwood.

My question is even though there are very few people riding at this time, would the (D) local on CPW work?

I don't think it would because it would increase travel time which means extra crews would be needed which costs money. Also, ridership on CPW isn't high enough that it needs two locals overnight.

That's why making it run local wouldn't work. People would miss their connections if both trains were to arrive on the local track.

At the junction north of the station, the (D) trains would switch. The (D) trains would run local, and there would still be a cross-platform transfer at Columbus Circle.

About the (Q), I get it now. It's worth it. Lemme tell you a story of a stupid (Q) I encountered today. (R) at Canal. Met at 8 St. Probably also at DeKalb. (Q) went to 34th St. We met again there. (Q) train stopped at 57th St. Stupid (Q) train riders missed their transfer at 57th St to the (R). That's how lame the express is. Anyways, local is a pretty big coridor, and (Q) local is a big benefit, so just deal with it and just enjoy the Broadway line.

Archived