Shuttle Buses

ConcourseExp

Can shuttle buses really have more service than regular trains because last week, I saw that there were less people on the (Q) shuttle buses during rush hours and there were not many buses at that time.

Can shuttle buses really have more service than regular trains because last week, I saw that there were less people on the (Q) shuttle buses during rush hours and there were not many buses at that time.

Depends on the timing and the line. For example the (7) shuttle buses from Main St- Willets Point is very busy. Maybe people were familiar with the (Q) shutdown and used other alternatives.

The headways are mostly better with the shuttle buses, especially during a weekend shutdown. Although each individual bus holds less people than a 10-car train, sending a bus out every 1-2 minutes gives the illusion of more service but with almost the same capacity as the train it is replacing on average.

As for the (Q) shutdown, most probably headed to the (D) and (N) for the direct connection to Manhattan.

When the (G) was out north of Nassau Av, that shuttle bus was on point. There was a bus about every 5 minutes.

When the (G) was out north of Nassau Av, that shuttle bus was on point. There was a bus about every 5 minutes.

You aint never lied!

True, but I heard it was because the (G) shuttle bus came more frequently than the (G) train itself.

Some people actually said that they liked the bus better than the train. lol

Yep, and those same people were disappointed that the (G) trains were back in service... I remember watching on news 12 brooklyn where ole girl (forgot her name; arabic chick; the reporter... look good too) were asking people in Greenpoint about having the (G) back, and most of them professed to the fact that the bus offered better service....

Unlike other subway shuttles in the system, I don't think I've heard one person speak negatively of that (G) shuttle.....

Which leads me to ask, what is the worst subway shuttle (in anyone's opinion, reading this)?

I bet mainly due to the fact that the buses were free.

Sure, but I honestly believe if (the one via McGuinness) were $2.50, folks up there in Greenpoint would be more than willing to pay for it, to get to Queens..... Beats putting up with the headache along Manhattan av

(co-incidentally, I took the B43 home a couple hrs. ago... MF-er with those Little Caesars breadsticks woke me up... Those things smell god AWFUL)

You aint never lied!

Yep, and those same people were disappointed that the (G) trains were back in service... I remember watching on news 12 brooklyn where ole girl (forgot her name; arabic chick; the reporter... look good too) were asking people in Greenpoint about having the (G) back, and most of them professed to the fact that the bus offered better service....

Unlike other subway shuttles in the system, I don't think I've heard one person speak negatively of that (G) shuttle.....

Which leads me to ask, what is the worst subway shuttle (in anyone's opinion, reading this)?

Sure, but I honestly believe if (the one via McGuinness) were $2.50, folks up there in Greenpoint would be more than willing to pay for it, to get to Queens..... Beats putting up with the headache along Manhattan av

(co-incidentally, I took the B43 home a couple hrs. ago... MF-er with those Little Caesars breadsticks woke me up... Those things smell god AWFUL)

I'm pretty sure the worst shuttle experience would probably have been the very first day of the post-Sandy bus bridge, but I'm going to assume that doesn't count for the purposes of that question.

Archived