MTA NYC Transit Car Inspector Exam 5610

nicknoel

I don't know if i failed. If you are not qualify they don't tell you your score so i could pass it.Permanent now. Nothing happened i kept working and next year was exam again. The good thing is even if you are provisional and they fire you usually they try to give you some other job to keep you in the system or will call you in future.

make commercial driver license it helps a lot

How long were you provisional before you became permanent? Also what benifits do a CDL license have?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Took the exam on 5/29. They told me the result will be out after october. Does this mean they start hiring frim october? Im getting anxious cause im unemployed now. Should i get a temporary job until they call? I wish they got me some details on hiring period. K

How long were you provisional before you became permanent? Also what benifits do a CDL license have?

3.5 years. this exam is for road car inspector as well and might be requirement to be hire on this position and its easier to find other jobs in the system until you get permanent position.

Took the exam on 5/29. They told me the result will be out after october. Does this mean they start hiring frim october? Im getting anxious cause im unemployed now. Should i get a temporary job until they call? I wish they got me some details on hiring period. K

i don't think so. it might take even 6 months. It depends how many people they need. When list is established it is good for 4 years so they will hire as they need. Last few exams they hired all eligible people.

i don't think so. it might take even 6 months. It depends how many people they need. When list is established it is good for 4 years so they will hire as they need. Last few exams they hired all eligible people.System is very slow  if i were you i would try  to find something. And there is possibility if they are lack of people they already know your score and if you passed you might be called for provisional position until you become permanent.

3.5 years. this exam is for road car inspector as well and might be requirement to be hire on this position and its easier to find other jobs in the system until you get permanent position.

Ok, i understand that makes sense. Thank you..

Thank you slowfire69. somebody told me if they start hiring, you could go to HQ and get hired fast. Dont know if thats true or not. I just wanna get in and start working.

well yes . If they start then goes pretty fast but it takes time until they start. The whole process is kind of slow. For example there was exam for supervisor in 2009 and they still hire from that list so you can imagine . They will  hire in waves not all people at same time and it depends how many workers plan to retire or create some new projects etc. You have to pass medical, urine test an short english interview. If you don't pass medical they put you on hold until you clear it. If any problems with law don't lie they will find out.

Hey everyone its Nicholas Noel. I'm back on the forums to talk about the Car Inspectors exam. In response to the topic, I regreted to apply for the Car Inspector exam because I was not sure on completing the paper work

I took the exam this morning and kind of underestimated it. Valve assembly and circuit diagnosis was simple, but didn't get to wire the circuit on time for the third part. So I'm pretty sure I failed. I'll get it next time

not necessarily. it depends how many % you did of that circuit and  if it was  good you still have a chance

not necessarily. it depends how many % you did of that circuit and if it was good you still have a chance

Cool thanks for the heads up.then people over at the test center don't speak very much.

Got a voicemail earlier today saying to come in for Lab testing in Brooklyn tomorrow.

Guess this means I passed (I hope)

Kinda short notice cause they requested a lot of stuff I don't have on hand (passport, birth certificate, pay stubs, proof of housing, etc.)

Got a voicemail earlier today saying to come in for Lab testing in Brooklyn tomorrow.

Guess this means I passed (I hope)

Kinda short notice cause they requested a lot of stuff I don't have on hand (passport, birth certificate, pay stubs, proof of housing, etc.)

Most likely you did. Its probably for temporary position until they hire permanent.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, I took the practical 3 weeks ago. Today I received a letter in the mail saying I was being considered for possible appointment as a temporary Car Inspector.B 01 E. Temporary makes me feel uneasy. Looking for opinions. I want a permanent position so should I wait for the list to come out? Will declining a temp spot have any effect on my list number? Do most people who accept a temp position get hired permanent? I was told the list for the list should come out rather fast due to high demand for this position?

Thanks

Hello, I took the practical 3 weeks ago. Today I received a letter in the mail saying I was being considered for possible appointment as a temporary Car Inspector.B 01 E. Temporary makes me feel uneasy. Looking for opinions. I want a permanent position so should I wait for the list to come out? Will declining a temp spot have any effect on my list number? Do most people who accept a temp position get hired permanent? I was told the list for the list should come out rather fast due to high demand for this position?

Thanks

Hey Armdo. I had to go through the same process for Transit Electrical Helper 4607. Well this is how it works. They'll start you out in provisional which is temporary because the list hasn't been established yet for permanent employment under civil service. It takes about a year for them to send your results and list number. Good luck

I lost my original car inpector interview and then went to next day. They allow to processing but that jobs for bus maintainer, bus driver.

Someone met me (not sure that was interview) who ask me several questions and then some one told me that they need to more reviewing my case and going to send a mail to me, just follow the instruction what they told me. I guess they waiting for car inspector's staff to decide later but still don't understand this situation. This is for temprary hired. Anybody can explain ths situation?

I hope it goes well for all of you candidates. Make sure to take every exam out there. I'm hoping Transit Electrical Helper 4607 has more openings for me when I go for my drug test after I get my drivers license

Thanks

Did the letter actually say "temporary"?

Nothing in any of my stacks of paperwork so far has said temporary or provisional (in 2nd week of training)

Archived