MTA NYC Transit Car Inspector Exam 5610

nicknoel

Did the letter actually say "temporary"?

Nothing in any of my stacks of paperwork so far has said temporary or provisional (in 2nd week of training)If

If you are not permanent then you are temporary until become permanent. You can ask MS2 in the school they will tell you.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its confusing because my friend went in today and was told its a permanent  postion and my other friend went 2 weeks ago and was told temp postion till the list comes out

on his paperwork when he was filling it out today on the top was checked off Permanent

Hi guys! I took the test and went through the test. The first two parts i wore my prescription glasses and they had saftey goggles over it, but the last part i dont remember putting the goggles on. Do you know how saftey goggle is graded/pointed?

98Snake,

Nothing in my paperwork said anything about temporary or provisional either.

I applied for a permanent position, took the test and they called me in within a couple of weeks, but never received anything in the mail.

Started working at the 239 St. barn in the Bronx.

First few days were kinda slow, but then they assigned me with a partner and got hit with a ton of work.

• 2 weeks later...

98Snake,

Nothing in my paperwork said anything about temporary or provisional either.

I applied for a permanent position, took the test and they called me in within a couple of weeks, but never received anything in the mail.

Started working at the 239 St. barn in the Bronx.

First few days were kinda slow, but then they assigned me with a partner and got hit with a ton of work.

good luck, 239 isn't bad. they have new tech trains. Avoid 240 st. By end of this year will be a pick then you will see you seniority # and status

I lost my original car inpector interview and then went to next day. They allow to processing but that jobs for bus maintainer, bus driver. 
Someone met me (not sure that was interview) who ask me several questions and then some one told me that they need to more reviewing my case and going to send a mail to me, just follow the instruction what they told me. I guess they waiting for car inspector's staff to decide later but still don't understand this situation. This is for temprary hired. Anybody can explain this situation? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got the mail from employment team(there is no executor or director's name on the letter and no my Applicant ID.) that they told me

OMG !! I am disqualified to job of Car Inspector 5610.This is really make no sense. They accepted my educations and working experiences when I applied  for the first time and then call me to took a practical exams. I think I passed with high score so they ask me to work temp job if I can do. The letter show me They closed my file... I feel so depressed. I think only my mistake is I did not have interview with Car Inspector 5610 Group on that day. I did with Bus Maintainer Group...... I had solely interview separate from Bus jobs group.

At that time the interviewer did not told me her name and position and also ask me "Did you go to technical school? "for several times.

I thought that was so strange questions because they already know my educational status also my working experiences that is enough.

I send a appeal letter to the director of human resource of employment center.

I do not know this is correct route to complaint to this interview.

Please let me know if someone knows how to make them to review my case again that going to make correct my future...

Thanks.

I lost my original car inpector interview and then went to next day. They allow to processing but that jobs for bus maintainer, bus driver. 

Someone met me (not sure that was interview) who ask me several questions and then some one told me that they need to more reviewing my case and going to send a mail to me, just follow the instruction what they told me. I guess they waiting for car inspector's staff to decide later but still don't understand this situation. This is for temprary hired. Anybody can explain this situation? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got the mail from employment team(there is no executor or director's name on the letter and no my Applicant ID.) that they told me

OMG !! I am disqualified to job of Car Inspector 5610.This is really make no sense. They accepted my educations and working experiences when I applied  for the first time and then call me to took a practical exams. I think I passed with high score so they ask me to work temp job if I can do. The letter show me They closed my file... I feel so depressed. I think only my mistake is I did not have interview with Car Inspector 5610 Group on that day. I did with Bus Maintainer Group...... I had solely interview separate from Bus jobs group.

At that time the interviewer did not told me her name and position and also ask me "Did you go to technical school? "for several times.

I thought that was so strange questions because they already know my educational status also my working experiences that is enough.

I send a appeal letter to the director of human resource of employment center.

I do not know this is correct route to complaint to this interview.

Please let me know if someone knows how to make them to review my case again that going to make correct my future...

Thanks.

disqualification can be because of minor thing for example if you didn't wright by your job duties amount of %,  or your job description doesn't match their requirement even though your education or experience is ok. I had same issue. I was an electrician and they require commercial and industrial experience anything else wasn't good. You have to be careful when you fill application or resume. Description of your job has to meet req. as well. And if its temporary don't worry, the most important thing is exam and permanent job. I heard bus maintainer isn't bad, they have a lot of overtime.

disqualification can be because of minor thing for example if you didn't wright by your job duties amount of %, or your job description doesn't match their requirement even though your education or experience is ok. I had same issue. I was an electrician and they require commercial and industrial experience anything else wasn't good. You have to be careful when you fill application or resume. Description of your job has to meet req. as well. And if its temporary don't worry, the most important thing is exam and permanent job. I heard bus maintainer isn't bad, they have a lot of overtime.

----------------------------------------

Hello, slowfire69

You think my case still alive for permanent job 5610 Car Inspector? The practical exam doing until September in this year. So MTA gonna list the score on October.

disqualification can be because of minor thing for example if you didn't wright by your job duties amount of %, or your job description doesn't match their requirement even though your education or experience is ok. I had same issue. I was an electrician and they require commercial and industrial experience anything else wasn't good. You have to be careful when you fill application or resume. Description of your job has to meet req. as well. And if its temporary don't worry, the most important thing is exam and permanent job. I heard bus maintainer isn't bad, they have a lot of overtime.

----------------------------------------

Hello, slowfire69

You think my case still alive for permanent job 5610 Car Inspector? The practical exam doing until September in this year. So MTA gonna list the score on October

Hopefully. Used to be different . Permanent exam was made by DCAS now its by MTA. If you got disqualification letter from MTA it should say what is the reason and you always can appeal.

Does anyone know how the practical is graded? Is it 33.33% for each exam parts or is the wiring board more? I can't see the valve being graded the same as the troubleshooting or the wiring board. Anyway, good luck to all who took the exam. The car inspector job is pretty good and lay back once you know what u doing. A friend of mine will be taking the exam on sept 11 so I'm not sure when the testing will stop. All I know is that anyone provisional on the job that doesn't pass this exam is out the door. So let's see what happens...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived