MTA NYC Transit Car Inspector Exam 5610

nicknoel

• 1 month later...

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...

I took the practical car inspector exam last year and only just received my results; I didn’t pass unfortunately. However, I’m hoping to prepare to take it again in the future. Is there any way to find out what mistakes I made on this last one? Or at least how I did on each of the three portions?

VbledeA,

Sorry to hear that you didn't pass the practical exam. Good luck on the next one. never give up. I doubt they will tell you what u messed up on. did anyone else get their scores? I got a 9* and my list number is 1** so I'm think about 800-1000 passed this test

Anyone here actually get hired, but have a failing grade?
I started about a year ago after taking this test, but haven't received my score yet.

So far, the others I've spoken to in my barn have passed, but just barely with list numbers in the 600/700/800's and they're considered top guys.

I'm on the bottom of the chain with shit jobs, so I'm thinking I either squeaked by or bombed.

The next test is written multiple choice and practical. Those who didn't pass and are on the job are looking bad. The list has 1300 ppl and they will have to get temp/prov out so they can hire the perm ppl. I don't know how this is going to work. Good luck everyone

Well, I got my results and I'm in the mid 700's.

I passed and that's all that matters, however, there appears to be much bigger news.

According to one of our supervisors, they just launched an investigation on the results due to cheating.

Apparently, there's a class for Russians only where they pay upwards of $700-$1000 to get a preview of each test.

Now, I've got nothing against Russians (my best friend and roommate is a Rusky), but this is definitely some crooked shit if true.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit because some of the guys that scored 100's don't know a hammer from a screwdriver, yet they place near the top of the list.

Well I don't know about the Russians being cheaters because how can you cheat on a test that is practical? I mean you have different ppl watching you. Also, there is no way to prove that someone cheated. well you say some guys that don't know anything got a 100 correct? In your last post you said the top guys in your barn got scores of 70-80! So what does that tell you? People apply for this job with different mechanical backgrounds. Anyhow, whatever investigation is happening let it be. Just be happy you passed as I am and continue to be the best car inspector you can be! Good luck

By "top guys", I meant those who actually know a thing or two about what they're doing mechanically.

We have plenty of guys that scored much higher (even a few 100's), but none of which you'd expect to score that high (no mechanical background, no habla, etc)

Doubt they'd be able to prove anything, but we did have a couple of guys at another barn confirm that there is such a paid pre-test class for Russians only.

Hi guys, I got my list number in a 1**.

I did get a call from MTA this morning but missed the call! no call back number/msg or anything for this exam.

Will they be calling again? or something in the mail?

I've got too but that was only announce about sending test result by mail.

That was on 9 am.

I failed interview for temp job of 5610.

I got mail of test result that said placed my name on eligible list.

Is this means they going to give me a chance to interview again?

Hi guys, I got my list number in a 1**.

I did get a call from MTA this morning but missed the call! no call back number/msg or anything for this exam.  

Will they be calling again? or something in the mail?

Congratz

I got the call as well, but it was just a confirmation that I would be receiving the results in the mail.

Unfortunately, I placed high on the list (600's)

Not sure if/when I'll be made permanent  :(

Hi everybody!

New to this forum.

Recive letter last week wich inform me that I was pass the practical test 5610! Score in mid 7**

I'M not working for MTA.

So, what gonna happen now for me?

And approximately time frame to real employment?

Thank's, and God bless all of you!

If you or someone you know has taken the last Car Inspector exam # 5610 or Promotional #5714 you should have received your letter already stating if you passed.

The list will be establish as early as this month or September.

Once the list is established they would be looking to hire a 100 plus more Car Inspectors then we already have on property from the established list.

They will move down this list very quickly to hire a 100 plus more Car Inspectors as they go down the list they will make people permanent as they reach your number.

If your name appear on this list you will become permanent from this list, they will finish this WHOLE list FIRST way before they even establish a list from the Upcoming exam.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Romeo and Everyone !

I am new on this forum and i am currently working for MTA for 3 months as a maintainer in another division. My list number is 63rd in the CI Exam #5610(2015). I had already gave up this 5610 exam because i thought i screwed it up so badly. And I knew there was a large amount of people were hired from between the end of the exam day to today. 

My question is Will MTA put me on a SLOW/Secondary list because i am currently working in the system?

Thanks, --Nervous Banana. :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

The list has not been established publicly yet. Sometime this month it should be. That's when they will start to hire people. From what I heard, by December 2016 about 100+ car inspectors will be hired. Those who took the exam and already on the list will just be promoted to permanent. Good lucky and be patient

Archived