(7) line extension to 34 Street-Hudson Yards station opening day saga continues...

Union Tpke

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get off that Wall Street BS. You've been fussing about it for ages. He's the governor, he can issue these orders as he likes for public safety.

Except I would think the Democratic National Committee would have privately SCOLDED him for it and warned him doing it again to where it affected House and Senate races in 2016 would have him considered "Personna non Grata" in the Democratic Party (especially since many on Wall Street are more GOP supporters to begin with who would use funding candidates in races outside New York that could cost the Dems any chance of getting back the House and Senate as a chance to get back at Cuomo for shutting down trains in a snowstorm as it's the one legal way they can).  If you remember, the (MTA) said they would explore keeping the underground portions in a snowstorm after all the blowback the Governor and (MTA) got over that storm.  The system operated just fine during the blizzards of 1983 (a then-record 21"), 1993, 1996, 2003 and early 2011 (when 19" fell not too long after the Christmas 2010 fiasco that was caused by a "perfect storm" of circumstances that involved where Christmas fell that can't happen now).  

It may be BS to you, but I'm sure many in the DNC were extremely PO'ed by what Cuomo did and privately the GOP was celebrating because they know it made their job to retain the House and Senate in 2016 that much easier.  David Faber on CNBC spoke for Wall Street when he went off and BLASTED Cuomo over that shutdown.  He would have been told never to do that if Wall Street did not actually feel that way, especially since a good number on Wall Street blamed the shutdown specifically on a 275-point loss in the Dow they felt would NEVER have happened if the subway had stayed opened as the few traders actually there made the market open to that kind of volatility that day.

Except I would think the Democratic National Committee would have privately SCOLDED him for it and warned him doing it again to where it affected House and Senate races in 2016 would have him considered "Personna non Grata" in the Democratic Party (especially since many on Wall Street are more GOP supporters to begin with who would use funding candidates in races outside New York that could cost the Dems any chance of getting back the House and Senate as a chance to get back at Cuomo for shutting down trains in a snowstorm as it's the one legal way they can).  If you remember, the (MTA) said they would explore keeping the underground portions in a snowstorm after all the blowback the Governor and (MTA) got over that storm.  The system operated just fine during the blizzards of 1983 (a then-record 21"), 1993, 1996, 2003 and early 2011 (when 19" fell not too long after the Christmas 2010 fiasco that was caused by a "perfect storm" of circumstances that involved where Christmas fell that can't happen now).  

It may be BS to you, but I'm sure many in the DNC were extremely PO'ed by what Cuomo did and privately the GOP was celebrating because they know it made their job to retain the House and Senate in 2016 that much easier.  David Faber on CNBC spoke for Wall Street when he went off and BLASTED Cuomo over that shutdown.  He would have been told never to do that if Wall Street did not actually feel that way, especially since a good number on Wall Street blamed the shutdown specifically on a 275-point loss in the Dow they felt would NEVER have happened if the subway had stayed opened as the few traders actually there made the market open to that kind of volatility that day.

Oh give it a rest already.   <_<

I haven't heard a single word about that shut down since it happened. I'm not saying it's impossible that there is some anger towards Cuomo in the backrooms of the Deomcratic party, but it seems so unlikely considering the utter lack of discussion about it in the media in any form. My friends who work on Wall Street told me that no one even mentioned the shut down two weeks after it happened. I'd want to see some more proof of this supposed backlash to believe it. 

I haven't heard a single word about that shut down since it happened. I'm not saying it's impossible that there is some anger towards Cuomo in the backrooms of the Deomcratic party, but it seems so unlikely considering the utter lack of discussion about it in the media in any form. My friends who work on Wall Street told me that no one even mentioned the shut down two weeks after it happened. I'd want to see some more proof of this supposed backlash to believe it. 

Just because no one says it publicly doesn't mean they have not forgotten.  It is something that people likely file away and bring it up later when the time comes as that's not something that is forgotten so easily.

Cuomo might think twice about doing it again if he was told by the DNC he could be hurting the Democrats chances of winning back control of the House and Senate next November if a similar thing happens this winter, especially if he knows it could hurt his political aspirations later on (especially if he wants to run for President in 2020 or '24).  That said, as long as we don't have another incident like that between now and the 2016 elections it is something that possibly won't be used against Cuomo, though I can't rule out some CEOs on Wall Street funding GOP candidates in the general elections next fall against Democrats because it's the one and only way Wall Street can legally extract revenge against Cuomo.  

You make it sound like this is all part of some Game of Thrones fantasy lmao

Not a fantasy at all.  As said, David Faber almost certainly spoke for a LOT of Wall Street when he BLASTED Cuomo TWICE on CNBC over the shutdown.  Faber is very well respected on Wall Street by many higher-ups (this being over a 20+ year period) and he likely would have been told not to do that unless many on Wall Street really did feel that way.  

What I dislike the most about people is that they tend to try to shut down people they don't agree with without providing the opposing end of the thought. Now, I know most of you will try to say that there is no need for one here, but that's just too simple. I'm sure most of you are adults. Educated adults capable of critical thinking and providing opposing arguments. Instead of trying to gang up and shut down a mind that, from what I've read is quite gray in terms of "right" and "wrong", provide counter arguments that may well enlighten the fellow.

That's all I have to say considering how off topic this is.

We've tried playing nice with him in the past, be he refuses to listen.

I had to tell him on at least six separate occasions that his queens super-express route was impossible because he wanted to use Roosevelt Avenue Upper level as a through station, which is impossible because of it's position and design. I gave him the full explanation the first time, yet he continued to blatantly ignore me, and anyone else who's ever corrected him.

Archived