(7) line extension to 34 Street-Hudson Yards station opening day saga continues...

Union Tpke

Well....when you think about it....Masked Rider-san kinda makes a point. At least in my eyes, the point is that technological and medical innovations that could do wonders for humanity's development are often sidelined by issues that get media outlets good ratings. Or those that help escalate "The Agenda".

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean, fire alarms are also listed as the issue, and from what I understand they can't really test anything until after the fire alarm tests are passed, so the inclined elevator testing simply hasn't happened on-site yet.

Just a random suggestion, but couldn't they open 34th Street on weekdays and then work on the elevators on the weekends? If they can shut down 1/2 the line on the weekend, I don't think that 1 station should be a problem. (Well unless they need to work on the elevator through the week)

i noticed this that the (7) will be heading toward hunter point ave as a temporary terminal. I never heard of that one because 100 percent of the time the (7) end at QBP. i know there a diamond crossover right outside outside the station. 

Just a random suggestion, but couldn't they open 34th Street on weekdays and then work on the elevators on the weekends? If they can shut down 1/2 the line on the weekend, I don't think that 1 station should be a problem. (Well unless they need to work on the elevator through the week)

Once again, ADA laws prohibit stations from opening unless they are 100% accessible. You just gotta wait until everything is done

i noticed this that the (7) will be heading toward hunter point ave as a temporary terminal. I never heard of that one because 100 percent of the time the (7) end at QBP. i know there a diamond crossover right outside outside the station. 

When I saw this notice, I jumped with joy. Finally trains are going past QBP to terminate during GOs.

You're time scale is a bit short. I think you mean this decade. That's pretty much how long it took to get the (L)'s CBTC system done.

To be fair, a good portion of that was the lawyers battling it out over the contracts, which thankfully didn't happen this time.

It always seems to take the MTA three tries to get things right.

You're time scale is a bit short. I think you mean this decade. That's pretty much how long it took to get the (L)'s CBTC system done.

To be fair, a good portion of that was the lawyers battling it out over the contracts, which thankfully didn't happen this time.

It always seems to take the MTA three tries to get things right.

I just noticed I misused "you're." I will exile myself from the League of Grammar Nazis.

• 8 months later...

Archived