Gunman executes 2 NYPD cops as ‘revenge’ for Garner

Quill Depot

Two uniformed NYPD officers were shot dead Saturday afternoon as they sat in their marked police car on a Brooklyn street corner — in what investigators believe was a crazed gunman’s ­assassination-style mission to avenge Eric Garner and Michael Brown.

“It’s an execution,” one law-enforcement source said of the 3 p.m. shooting of police officers Wenjian Liu and Rafael Ramos.

The tragic heroes were working overtime as part of an anti-terrorism drill in Bedford-Stuyvesant when they were shot point-blank in the head by the lone gunman, identified by sources as Ismaaiyl Brinsley, 28, who had addresses in Georgia and Brooklyn.

Moments after killing the two officers, he too was dead, having turned the gun on himself on a nearby subway platform as cops closed in.

“I’m Putting Wings on Pigs Today,” a person believed to be the gunman wrote on Instagram in a message posted just three hours before the officers were shot.

“They Take 1 Of Ours…Let’s Take 2 of Theirs,” the post continued, signing off with, “This May Be My Final Post.”

The Instagram page included an image of a silver automatic handgun with a wooden handle. Another image showed the same camouflage pants and distinctive blue sneakers worn by the gunman as his body was carried from the scene on a stretcher.

Brinsley walked up to the cops’ patrol car at the corner of Myrtle and Tompkins avenues, approaching from the sidewalk.

Witnesses told police that Brins­ley wordlessly blasted into the patrol car’s front passenger-side window.

Then he stood stock still for a few moments, fleeing into the subway only when he heard the sirens of a second police car.

Once in the subway, “they engaged the guy and he did himself,” one investigator said.

Brinsley was a fugitive who had just murdered his girlfriend in Baltimore Saturday morning, sources told The Post.

The two officers were pronounced dead at Woodhull Hospital, where their colleagues and family members huddled tearfully.City Council President Melissa Mark-Viverito and Mayor Bill de Blasio were less than welcome guests at the poignant gathering.  

Here's the bastards Instagram post before the killing. "Showing off" his 1911.

instagram1.jpg

http://nypost.com/2014/12/20/2-nypd-cops-shot-execution-style-in-brooklyn/

Damn degenerate scum can't do anything useful with their life. The kid had no morality, killing innocents who do nothing but risk their lives in their job. 

what i dont  agree is that the "great" PBA president patrick lynch and SBA president trying to pin the blood on deblasio, when his eminence cardinal dolan tried to come and be peace maker with their inflammitory rhetoric and scoring points at the death of these officers 

10 bucks says this wasn't about Mike Brown or Eric Garner at all....

As far as DeBlasio... Yeah this doesn't amount to having blood on his hands (so to speak), but I never cared for this attempt to trying to better relations b/w police & civilians (especially black & hispanic ones, let's keep it one buck).... I don't have any of the answers, but what I can say is that putting more cops on the streets isn't going to accumulate (shit, even initiate) any type of added faith in police, en masse.... The "f*ck the police" mantra is gonna be pervasive to a lot of people that fit the aforementioned demographic - and not just the low life ones either... You have working everyday people that could give a shit about police.... You have families that were RAISED on that shit.....

Aside from the obvious, What I don't like about what this punk ass did was justify his shooting of these 2 cops, over how cops handled Garner & Brown..... It's a bunch of bullshit (from him I'm talking about) I'm simply not buying....

As far as DeBlasio... Yeah this doesn't amount to having blood on his hands (so to speak), but I never cared for this attempt to trying to better relations b/w police & civilians (especially black & hispanic ones, let's keep it one buck).... I don't have any of the answers, but what I can say is that putting more cops on the streets isn't going to accumulate (shit, even initiate) any type of added faith in police, en masse.... The "f*ck the police" mantra is gonna be pervasive to a lot of people that fit the aforementioned demographic - and not just the low life ones either... You have working everyday people that could give a shit about police.... You have families that were RAISED on that shit.....

Aside from the obvious, What I don't like about what this punk ass did was justify his shooting of these 2 cops, over how cops handled Garner & Brown..... It's a bunch of bullshit (from him I'm talking about) I'm simply not buying....

What about him shooting his girlfriend before coming up to NY to do what he did? I don't think this guy had it together upstairs....

It Ia but ha had "fuel" if you will to justify his actions.

What about him shooting his girlfriend before coming up to NY to do what he did? I don't think this guy had it together upstairs....

What you're saying here is more or less the conclusion I came to... I'm not buying the whole (damn, can't think of the word) hero complex bit (a la Chris Dorner), I believe the guy was a trigger happy nutcase that's using the Eric Garner & Mike Brown situation as a form of a convenient copout (pun totally unintended)..... In other words, I don't believe the intent was to kill those two cops as a form of (perverted) justice....

I don't like the precedent that this could end up creating; as if to say, watch out for more cop killings of this nature from quote unquote those people, b/c of what this one isolated jackass ended up carrying out..... That's how news media likes to spin shit (such as the case with that "knockout game" BS).....

edit: Revolutionary was the word I was trying to think of..... But hero complex still fits... lol....

What you're saying here is more or less the conclusion I came to... I'm not buying the whole (damn, can't think of the word) hero complex bit (a la Chris Dorner), I believe the guy was a trigger happy nutcase that's using the Eric Garner & Mike Brown situation as a form of a convenient copout (pun totally unintended)..... In other words, I don't believe the intent was to kill those two cops as a form of (perverted) justice....

I don't like the precedent that this could end up creating; as if to say, watch out for more cop killings of this nature from quote unquote those people, b/c of what this one isolated jackass ended up carrying out..... That's how news media likes to spin shit (such as the case with that "knockout game" BS).....

edit: Revolutionary was the word I was trying to think of..... But hero complex still fits... lol....

I don't know if you watch the TV show "Blue Bloods", but at the end of the show, there were 2 cops that actually walked into an ambush and both were shot with one ultimately dying. This kind of reminded me about this incident too

It starts for these thugs with the schools. They don't teach morals, and unfortunate people who don't have parents who are always there can't teach morals. Kids aren't taught how to control their emotions, they aren't taught not to kill, they aren't taught that two wrongs don't make a right.

It's pretty sad what's happening. You have cop supporters who are blasting genuine protesters and who are trying to imply ALL the protesters were responsible for whatever blood was spilled (a very Stone Age mindset). Then you have cop haters who just want to get rid of the law and trying to paint all cops as violent racists (clearly not true).

Can I get this $10 bucks via PayPal? Because it's been shown that his Instagram account that it was because of the Garner and Brown cases.

Some of the vile crap I read on facebook about people actually defending the perp's murders really made me weep. How are people that cruel?!

Seriously man, especially when I just saw that one protest march where they demanded "DEAD COPS," I was incredibly appalled.

It's pretty sad what's happening. You have cop supporters who are blasting genuine protesters and who are trying to imply ALL the protesters were responsible for whatever blood was spilled (a very Stone Age mindset). Then you have cop haters who just want to get rid of the law and trying to paint all cops as violent racists (clearly not true).

A lot of cop supporters I know are only support the good cops that do their jobs professionally. A lot of cop haters I know are just targeting all cops because of the crooked cops. If we use this logic, because of the protestors chanting "DEAD COPS," do we target all the protestors?

Can I get this $10 bucks via PayPal? Because it's been shown that his Instagram account that it was because of the Garner and Brown cases.

So he says....

He goes off shooting his girlfriend, now all of a sudden he wanna go off killing cops in the names of Garner & Brown... Yeah right... not buying it.

Well this is what happens when changes aren't made to how cops deal with the public. Now you've got the public against the cops. Terrible situation...

I agree. I can see more of this happening as time goes on. He did what other people talked about doing but he actually did it. Sad situation all around.

Most cops act like mr tough guy to the public. That needs to change. "Im a cop i can use my authority to treat ppl like shit".

Im on no ones side here. I do feel for the officers family, just sad.

So you believe...

Suppose there was a group of protesters, well, protesting the ban on photography on PATH. Suppose some of them don't like cops because, according to them, they help suppress the masses, or whatever. Now suppose there's this one guy, who was mentally unstable, who had no other connection to these protesters, also supported this anti-cop sentiment. He goes out and kills a couple of cops. Does that mean the group and that one individual collaborated actively or implicitly? No, it doesn't. Now what if a couple of protesters were chanting "We want dead cops now". Still doesn't mean they collaborated or that they were responsible for the his actions. It's still isolated. Now of course, most would want to believe that there's a much deeper connection, but the truth is, there isn't. People like drama and storylines.

Suppose there was a group of protesters, well, protesting the ban on photography on PATH. Suppose some of them don't like cops because, according to them, they help suppress the masses, or whatever. Now suppose there's this one guy, who was mentally unstable, who had no other connection to these protesters, also supported this anti-cop sentiment. He goes out and kills a couple of cops. Does that mean the group and that one individual collaborated actively or implicitly? No, it doesn't. Now what if a couple of protesters were chanting "We want dead cops now". Still doesn't mean they collaborated or that they were responsible for the his actions. It's still isolated. Now of course, most would want to believe that there's a much deeper connection, but the truth is, there isn't. People like drama and storylines.

Yet people (foamers) on facebook are calling the cops on other railfans because they think one/a few guys doing illegal shit is gonna make the whole bunch look bad and snitching on everyone is gonna make everything better. Not saying you're one of those guys so I won't call you a hypocrite, but keep that in mind.

Yet people (foamers) on facebook are calling the cops on other railfans because they think one/a few guys doing illegal shit is gonna make the whole bunch look bad and snitching on everyone is gonna make everything better. Not saying you're one of those guys so I won't call you a hypocrite, but keep that in mind.

......What?

So you're saying that we shouldn't snitch on a fanner who stole a rollsign, or who broke into the cab and played with the signs, or who rode the back of an R32 R?

I'm snitching, regardless, because they shouldn't be doing that crap.

Snitching's good.

Maybe you're not fond of it because you've committed crap like this before. I certainly wouldn't be surprised.

This whole tension with law enforcement situation, starting with Eric Garner and Michael Brown, has just become so sad and deteriorated into a whole mess, instead of creating an opportunity for real discussions that lead to meaningful changes. It makes me wonder if, as a society, we have lost the ability to control our emotions and use them as fuel to have meaningful conversations rather than baseless hatred.

Archived