Woodside LIRR question

xraybro

Hello everyone,

This is a great forum and I appreciate the idea of talking to people who use NY MTA more than I do.

My wife and I are flying into LGA tommorrow and are taking a cab to Woodside to catch the LIRR to Huntington. I guess I need to use the ticket machine since we will arrive there around 1pm. Are they located upstairs or downstairs? Also, are we going to look completely out of place with a suitcase and carry on. I know that's a silly question, but I want things to run as smoothly as possible. I'm a little OCD in that way.

So, can anyone out there make it a smooth transition for me? I thought about taking a cab to Jamaica station, but it seems too far. Woodside seems more of viable destination even though I have to transfer at Jamaica station.

Thanks for your help, let us never forget 9/11 and go Yankees!! I'll be in left center at the Stadium for my first time ever. Glad I got to go before the end of this season.

Chris

I don't know nothing about LIRR or MEtro-North or any railroad. But you best bet is to check there actual websites or ask one of our moderators and administrators on this site.

and Welcome to NYCTF.

Extension to my message.

You'll have lots of fun at Yankee Stadium. but remember no sunlight lotions or beverages. I'm a Yankees Fan too. It's keychain night tommorow. glad you're a Yankees fan. whose your favorite player. Mine is Joba and Giambi.

Hi Chris,

Welcome to NYCTF.

The ticket machines are upstairs where the info booth is, so you would have to walk up from a platform and go to buy your tickets, up the stairs there will also be the subway station of the (7), but that will be further down, so the ticket machines are closer to the stairs on your left.

Since you said you will be there at 1 PM, there is a train at 12:47 from Woodside, transfer at Jamaica (leaves 1:10 PM) or at 1:26 from Woodside, transfer at Hicksville (leaves 2:05 PM)...

Hope this helps, have a great trip!:)

Archived