Nassau appointees get $4.4M more in salary, benefits from elected officials who appointed them

N6 Limited

Anyway, theres 4.4 million that could have went to NICE. I'm not pasting the whole article because I don't know their stance on it.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/nassau/nassau-appointees-get-4-4-million-more-in-salary-benefits-1.9757467

Nassau elected officials have awarded $4.4 million in salary hikes and benefits to their appointees since the county's financial control board lifted a three-year wage freeze on the nonunion workers in August, records show......

This entire island's political system is nothing but favoritism and cronyism.  Just about every politician's spouse and friends all have cushy jobs and/or are on bullshit "committees" that literally do nothing.  Every day, another house goes up for sale because people have had it here - if the taxes and costs don't bring the island down, the crime and gang violence will. 

By the way, guess whose wife came up with that stupid-ass "NICE" name.

This entire island's political system is nothing but favoritism and cronyism.  Just about every politician's spouse and friends all have cushy jobs and/or are on bullshit "committees" that literally do nothing.  Every day, another house goes up for sale because people have had it here - if the taxes and costs don't bring the island down, the crime and gang violence will. 

By the way, guess whose wife came up with that stupid-ass "NICE" name.

this guy speaks the truth

The raises don't seem to be in excess, they're just giving people salary that is in line with today's day and age! An Assistant District Attorney making $68,000!?! a Grocery Store Manager's pay more! I'm surprised they could keep people in the position! This person went to law school & passed the bar exam o be paid peanuts. People were paid more to dive a bus in Nasau County, even st NICE top pay is at or near what they were paying an ADA! You want the best and brightest to be in civil service it's better for the community when you pay subpar to what the private sector pays you get the Burger King equivulant of the workforce.

I love when these reports come out and those making fast food wages (nomonebpresent included) get sticker shock. If you want one apply for one of these jobs!

Akso, what is the big deal that jobs are hire & fire at wil? Civil service is not the answer, I take nothing away from the people who serves our country but civil is all about veterans preference. What doesbthisvmean? Non qualified veterans are put in font in front if the most qualified non veteran candidates. Just in case inhalers spell it out this means the most qualified candidate is often passed over for a less qualified candidate just because they are a veteran and our public governments are young to hell because of it!

The raises don't seem to be in excess, they're just giving people salary that is in line with today's day and age! An Assistant District Attorney making $68,000!?! a Grocery Store Manager's pay more! I'm surprised they could keep people in the position! This person went to law school & passed the bar exam o be paid peanuts. People were paid more to dive a bus in Nasau County, even st NICE top pay is at or near what they were paying an ADA! You want the best and brightest to be in civil service it's better for the community when you pay subpar to what the private sector pays you get the Burger King equivulant of the workforce.

I love when these reports come out and those making fast food wages (nomonebpresent included) get sticker shock. If you want one apply for one of these jobs!

Akso, what is the big deal that jobs are hire & fire at wil? Civil service is not the answer, I take nothing away from the people who serves our country but civil is all about veterans preference. What doesbthisvmean? Non qualified veterans are put in font in front if the most qualified non veteran candidates. Just in case inhalers spell it out this means the most qualified candidate is often passed over for a less qualified candidate just because they are a veteran and our public governments are young to hell because of it!

Yes, Mango and company are the "best and brightest" for giving themselves and their buddies pats on the back every year.  Businesses are flocking the island every year and they play dumb when proof is given to them as to how and why.  It almost seems like everyone but the rich on the Gold Coast and Garden City is finding it more and more difficult to get by here, while everyone else dances.  Why does my district need 5 superintendents?  Why was more than half of that dumb ass camera money going to Arizona? 

Anyway, theres 4.4 million that could have went to NICE. I'm not pasting the whole article because I don't know their stance on it.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/nassau/nassau-appointees-get-4-4-million-more-in-salary-benefits-1.9757467

Nassau elected officials have awarded $4.4 million in salary hikes and benefits to their appointees since the county's financial control board lifted a three-year wage freeze on the nonunion workers in August, records show......

look these people don't care about buses or even the LIRR. They only care about filling their pockets just leave LI.

Archived