New Brooklyn Bus Map

R62A 1991

FINALLY!!!

Seriously, it was almost spiteful for the MTA NOT to include the Command express routes until now. It should have happened YEARS before consolidation. (and that fare increase)

At least it's there now. When's it going to the printers? :)

EDIT: Those routes need to be on the Manhattan map too.

well at least now they mark express bus of MTA Bus company

I wonder why manhattan doesnt show express bus =|

And thr bronx needs a minor update, due to the Bx2 being reouted over 149th street, and Bx15, 41 and 21 i think 2

That explains the lack of maps at places where there should be Brooklyn Bus Maps.

And thr bronx needs a minor update, due to the Bx2 being reouted over 149th street, and Bx15, 41 and 21 i think 2
They'll do it the next time they update the Bronx map or its a major change because they JUST recently updated the Bronx map.

Nice.

I remember first reading the old Command schedules, and those lines, especially the BM4, were so complicared on the ends, because of all those turns they make on the winding routes they take. Then, the crude schematic individual route maps, showing only the streets they ran on. Now, you can see exactly how they go, and in relation to everything else.

the previous map made it look like the express routes (except the 103) all stayed on the expressway until Church. I wondered if they started allowing them to make the turn. Yet, now they show them still going the old way, just not making any stops.

What I've been suggesting is to allow them on the parkway for one block, so they can make the turn onto Beverley, which would allow them to go straight across, not only avoiding the traffic of Church, CI Av. and Cortelyou, but also having one easier 90º turns, instead of the three sharper acute angles Church and Cortelyou are aligned at. (as well as going so far out of the way and entering local traffic earlier, southbound). That segment adds a lot of time to the trip.

• 2 years later...

I didn't want to start a thread for something this small but I'm curious. On the Brooklyn bus map, why do the B2 (B2) and B69 (B69) bus routes have pentagon-shaped bullets instead of the square with round corners-shaped bullets?

The pentagon-shaped bullets actually look nice. Is this a discrepency or do these denote a special service?

Also, I see the BM1 express bus runs on Avenue K. Does it make any stops on Avenue K?

I didn't want to start a thread for something this small. On the Brooklyn bus map, why do the B2 (B2) and B69 (B69) bus routes have pentagon-shaped bullets instead of the square with round corners-shaped bullets?

The pentagon-shaped bullets actually look nice. Is this a discrepency or do these denote a special service?

IIRC Those mean they don't get service on either Saturday, Sunday, or both.

Archived