Predictions for 2015

DaTransitMan4608

Now that we're in 2015, what do you guys think will happen to NJT this year?

I think:

The CNG delivery is gonna be finished early.

NJT will award a bid on the Artic replacement to New Flyer since Nova doesn't make Suburban artics.

As the CNGs arrive, Academy will see less rush hour runs on route 9.

D4500CTH delivery will begin.

The North River Tunnels will end up closing on the weekends so the necessary repairs can be made.

Yeah it will put an end to the north shortage. Transit will excerise that option order of cngs. That will push everything out except the 9000s. 7400/8200 D4500s are going to washington twp and there 40s 7500s/8000s will be sent up north and the one 7600 they have 7618(ex zf tranny), and 7802-7805.

Theyve added an extra all 553 and all 559 run so this will deff help us big time. The first of 7101-7118 should be here any day now and the rest within 2 months.

7932 has been sent somewhere up north also. Washington twp/newton av has yet to be 45ft qualified. Twp has to be soon in the event they break down in ac-cape may(313/315/551/554)and newton in the event they break down in cape may on the 316 since we are going to be 100% 45fters.

Yeah it will put an end to the north shortage. Transit will excerise that option order of cngs. That will push everything out except the 9000s. 7400/8200 D4500s are going to washington twp and there 40s 7500s/8000s will be sent up north and the one 7600 they have 7618(ex zf tranny), and 7802-7805.

Theyve added an extra all 553 and all 559 run so this will deff help us big time. The first of 7101-7118 should be here any day now and the rest within 2 months.

7932 has been sent somewhere up north also. Washington twp/newton av has yet to be 45ft qualified. Twp has to be soon in the event they break down in ac-cape may(313/315/551/554)and newton in the event they break down in cape may on the 316 since we are going to be 100% 45fters.

You're getting the (MTA) rejects?

Crazy........So, is there plans to get more D4500 or D4505 for other garages that have 45's that is on their last leg, or 40's like Meadowlands or Oradell? Oradell is one place that needs it. Hell, they need a new garage where it doesn't get flooded, a indoor garage, and have nothing but 45's. The runs that they have, there should be no reason to have 40's available. It's too preposterous. All the 160 lines are getting screwed everyday with 40's IMO. Even today, 5 years since I left NJT, it's worse. 

Crazy........So, is there plans to get more D4500 or D4505 for other garages that have 45's that is on their last leg, or 40's like Meadowlands or Oradell? Oradell is one place that needs it. Hell, they need a new garage where it doesn't get flooded, a indoor garage, and have nothing but 45's. The runs that they have, there should be no reason to have 40's available. It's too preposterous. All the 160 lines are getting screwed everyday with 40's IMO. Even today, 5 years since I left NJT, it's worse.

Oradell is not getting any 45s untill they have the space for it.

Njt no longer is getting 40ft buses. 45s is the standard now.

Somehow, I'm betting that they're waiting for Christie to get out of NJ so NJT can do more since he's really blocking a lot of things: ARC Tunnel for example. Now, back to MCI's: if 45's are the norm, then what is Oradell going to do with the limited space they have? NJT is going to have to buy or build a new garage and a new garage STAT. Then, the drivers need to be retrained since unless they worked in Wayne, Meadowlands, Howell, or Egg Harbor, there is a difference with operating a 40 from a 45 as well know. I just hope they build the new garage or get a garage AWAY from any water areas and it's a indoors garage, similar to Meadowlands. I'm not a fan of outdoor garages. Just open some vents when it's gonna get busy. 

NJT will award a bid on the Artic replacement to New Flyer since Nova doesn't make Suburban artics.

Nova already makes 40 foot suburban LFS, so what would stop them from making an artic one if someone ordered one. suburban LFS have been running in the Canadian Provinces of Quebec, Alberta , and British Columbia.

Nova already makes 40 foot suburban LFS, so what would stop them from making an artic one if someone ordered one. suburban LFS have been running in the Canadian Provinces of Quebec, Alberta , and British Columbia.

If that's the case, I hope NJT orders New Flyers for the Suburban replacements and Nova for the Transit replacements with an extra 20-30 for each order.

Also forgot Ontario as some running from Ottawa to the outer suburbs

They wouldn't do that. They'd order from one.

Yup it would be the same contract.

Archived