No Food Service Cars on Keystone Trains

46Dover

Some Keystone service operates between New York and Philadelphia or Philadelphia and Harrisburg. There's no need for food service on these short segments. I'm guessing there's a lot of seat turnover in Philadelphia on the through trains so there isn't need for food service.

Some Keystone service operates between New York and Philadelphia or Philadelphia and Harrisburg. There's no need for food service on these short segments. I'm guessing there's a lot of seat turnover in Philadelphia on the through trains so there isn't need for food service.

Really? If that's the case, then the rest of the trip to Harrisburg (from New York would be basically empty?

I should have made clearer that I speculate that most of the traffic is between New York and PHL. It's a short trip so food service isn't necessary.

I should have mentioned that I doubt there's a commissary at Harrisburg and PHL to restock the train.

I should have made clearer that I speculate that most of the traffic is between New York and PHL. It's a short trip so food service isn't necessary.

I should have mentioned that I doubt there's a commissary at Harrisburg and PHL to restock the train.

ok that's what I meant to say, that the main traffic is going NYP-PHL

so for anyone going to H'burg, bring a lunch

I feel that food service should be there.  But there is no room for debate.  Amtrak calls the shots.  They have been making customer unfriendly cutback after cutback after cutback to save a dollar here and there.  They don't want to pay for the attendant plus to have to deal with more food commissaries.  I believe there is no food service on the NYP to Albany trains as well.  If you want food, you have to take a long distance train.  Yes, a passenger riding form NYP to a station past Philly does have a long ride but if they want food they can ride the Pennsylvanian or buy food before they board.

Let's put food service into perspective. Amtrak gets an annual appropriation that comes with strings attached. Republicans always complain that food and beverage losses are too high and have tried to cut back on the service. Amtrak isn't going to start food service and lose even more money.

Archived