A ? about Depot Stickers

I Run Trains

yeah 123 does and its at jfk

True but IIRC thats the bus from Staten Island that hasn't changed a bit. Also, 8000 series TMCs were NYCTA buses. I havent seen them on PBL buses, such as 9700 QSCs, 5900 GLs, 7000 Triboros. The Novas that were sent originally had them, though 9302's had its removed.

025.jpg

It's the (MTA)'s way of saying that (MTA) Bus is second rate, while NYCB is better, simply because (MTA) Bus was PBL's before, so they're not quality buses because they were never ordered by the (MTA), while some of NYCB's so called quality buses are inferior to the take-overs... :eek:

Seriously, I have no idea.

True but IIRC thats the bus from Staten Island that hasn't changed a bit. Also, 8000 series TMCs were NYCTA buses. I havent seen them on PBL buses, such as 9700 QSCs, 5900 GLs, 7000 Triboros. The Novas that were sent originally had them, though 9302's had its removed.

025.jpg

that looks so tacky they should have just left the Quality Control sticker on

MTA Bus generally doesn't bother with QC stickers at all. I think NYCT is getting rid of QC stickers on repainted or Level II buses with the advent of Level II. So Level II is replacing QC, which I believe was originally an 80s ideas that some sort of DOB VP came up with. QC was losing steam as you know by seeing poorly maintained buses out there, so Level II is the [currently] more diligent successor.

Archived