Horrible News for SEGA and Sonic Fans

TheNewYorkElevated

This is horrible news I have to share with you guys here, I learned about this just yesterday. 

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2015/01/sega-sonic-will-be-reinforced-to-generate-stable-profits/

I hope and pray for the company to a better future and beyond. This is just saddening to hear this.  :(

They've been losing money since Sonic Adventure...the fact that they fired their original creative team for Sonic was their first mistake.

Sure explains the last decade of Sonic... the early 2000's seemed to be free of the crap that's plagued recent games, but that's saying a lot.  I loved Sonic Adventure Battle 2 and the Sonic Advance but the former was a port of a Dreamcast title and the latter wasn't enough to save Sega.  I'm surprised Capcom hasn't gone this route.

Sure explains the last decade of Sonic... the early 2000's seemed to be free of the crap that's plagued recent games, but that's saying a lot.  I loved Sonic Adventure Battle 2 and the Sonic Advance but the former was a port of a Dreamcast title and the latter wasn't enough to save Sega.  I'm surprised Capcom hasn't gone this route.

They almost did to the point where they were going to sell their divisions and brands(street fighter, mega man, etc), but they ended up getting money back somehow along with the fact that they got saved by Sony to some extent. Sony is funding the next Street Fighter game

Archived