Promotion to Tower Operator Exam 5715

lawkev

Are you a CR?

Good question. I believe he is RTOMan. Yeah it's only for current employees such as Conductors, Signal maintainers and I believe S/A's. A large bulk of the questions on the test will come from the rule book and Bulletin book. If you are XX you're in luck because you can ask around at various terminals and people will hook you up with study materials.

I took the last Tower test......They ask you about the different types of tower machines, levers colors. If you can get your hand on a tower manual you should be fine. Know your rule book, Radio codes, baton procedures, absolute block.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I took the exam today. I must say that I underestimated it. Does anyone know if it is a pass or fail or does everyone get called as long as the list is active?

Thank you

I know it's an old post, but you said you took the exam. So can you share what kind of questions were on the exam? I ask because some say  there are questions about interlocking machine types, levers, colors, etc., but I'd rather hear it from the horse's mouth. Everyone was saying the promo Train Operator was going to have questions about bulletins, signals, braking, car equipment, etc., but it turned out to be straight up reading comprehension. Not one question required the test taker to know a single bulletin or piece of equipment.

• 6 months later...

Archived