Tyler, Texas

20 Dundalk

Hi everybody!

I moved to Tyler, Texas to take a new job at a pape r converting plant.

nice town small (pop 100,000+/-) believe it or not it actually has a very small transit system.

5 lines 1:20-1:45 headways they mainly run these strange international cab forward handi van looking buses but

have 2 gillig 35 footers that make random cameo appearances and one old 30 foot rts I will try to post some pics later

the bus yard is conveniently located behind my job

Here is our 1 rts not sure if it is even in service anymore also I am not sure what the structure on the roof the bus runs on deisel the other is an example of the international that the city mainly uses I could not catch the gilligs today they were out sorry about the angles but that was as close as I could get

Well I am having issues uploading pictures but our main buses are General coach E Z trans 30 ft low floor with an international 3200 diesel engine 102 in width we have avout 6 of these not sure how old maybe less thsn 5 years old the 2 Gilligs are older but offer a way better ride

I just remembered I did catch a ride on the 1 rts they have left and it was LOUD

The B/o s are very nice and the will get on their radios and hold a transfer bus if running late lots of real nice folks in this town

I still miss up north

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I am familiar with that situation I lived in ft worth for15 years Arlington has 2 major sports venues and tons of shopping and only the transit you mentioned. It makes no sense that a city that size has no real public transportation

Nobody wants to pay for it. The only solution is a private company with the city just doing planning. Which bring up the next problem:the routing. The city center doesn't exist so where would the bus go to serve the most people? Where to put the hubs? Maybe the train station or one of the malls?

Archived