Triboro Subway Line

7 Densha Master

those are railroads operating on other railroads.

Nothing precludes the MTA from getting a bunch of M7s with subway-style seating and running them every 15 minutes on the RX if it's properly expanded, either. Saying that MTA non-ownership of Bay Ridge ROW is an issue is just foolish.

• 1 month later...

Wrapping the idea of reactivating the Bay Ridge Branch, or some commuter-service purposing, within the idea of some "triboro" service has probably only hindered the effort of restoring passenger service. In this situation, simple is best. Let's have a crosstown terminating in Bay Ridge and Canarsie, and leave making provisions for future expansion as the daydreams. People have to go down to Stillwell, or up to Atlantic for most line changes, and they're sick of it. Let's end that sooner rather than later.

Wrapping the idea of reactivating the Bay Ridge Branch, or some commuter-service purposing, within the idea of some "triboro" service has probably only hindered the effort of restoring passenger service. In this situation, simple is best. Let's have a crosstown terminating in Bay Ridge and Canarsie, and leave making provisions for future expansion as the daydreams. People have to go down to Stillwell, or up to Atlantic for most line changes, and they're sick of it. Let's end that sooner rather than later.

Hell--I would take a shuttle from Flatbush to Broadway Junction.

Even that would help tremendously....

Hell--I would take a shuttle from Flatbush to Broadway Junction.

Even that would help tremendously....

I would have a 1 seat ride from Brownsville to Flatbush Junction without taking 2 buses or 2 trains lol

The most useful sections would be Bay Ridge-B'way Junction and B'way Junction to Jackson Heights. I'm not entirely convinced that the Triboro really needs to go all the way to the Bronx.

I suspect Bronx riders looking for Queens is an untapped market.  Make it easier for people in the Bronx to get to places in Queens without having to go through Manhattan and I think it will prove successful.

I suspect Bronx riders looking for Queens is an untapped market.  Make it easier for people in the Bronx to get to places in Queens without having to go through Manhattan and I think it will prove successful.

The Brooklyn /Queens segment is a great way to start and I feel would super helpful in itself. The Hell Gate segment is a tricky one. Maybe LGA could be a terminal on the Northern end? Or Jackson Hts for starters.

Bronx-Queens might be a useful traffic market, but I'm not entirely convinced that a connection that far west is super useful. The more useful corridor would be the Q44 connection into the Bronx, but there's no realistic way to make that a rail connection.

Bronx-Queens might be a useful traffic market, but I'm not entirely convinced that a connection that far west is super useful. The more useful corridor would be the Q44 connection into the Bronx, but there's no realistic way to make that a rail connection.

I know that having a subway connection between the two would open up consideration for travel that otherwise would not be there, because of time spent going through Manhattan. Sometimes you've got to build things just to make it easier for people to travel, without the demand being there. Similar to how the Flushing line was built before anything was there.

I know that having a subway connection between the two would open up consideration for travel that otherwise would not be there, because of time spent going through Manhattan. Sometimes you've got to build things just to make it easier for people to travel, without the demand being there. Similar to how the Flushing line was built before anything was there.

Like I would be doing with my idea of an (N) train extension to The Bronx, as posted in the Proposals/Ideas thread.

Archived