tvega961

• 5 years later...
8 minutes ago, BenTheMiner said:

I know I'm 5 years late, but I want people to be correctly informed. This is a HANOVER sign, not Axion. Specifically, Hanover Displays Full Color front sign.

First of all, there was no point in bringing back this thread from the grave. If you're that bored, go do something else.

Second, at the time of the photo, the bus DID have Axion signs as a test, it was programmed differently....

Edited by Cait Sith

1 minute ago, Cait Sith said:

First of all, there was no point in bringing back this thread from the grave. If you're that bored, go do something else.

Second, at the time of the photo, the bus DID have Axion signs as a test, it was programmed differently....

I apologize for that, but 4810 in the picture has a Hanover front sign and it uses Hanover Displays fonts. As far as I know, 4810 hasn't gotten an Axion sign, but I'll correct myself if I'm able to confirm through a photo, video or date.

29 minutes ago, BenTheMiner said:

I apologize for that, but 4810 in the picture has a Hanover front sign and it uses Hanover Displays fonts. As far as I know, 4810 hasn't gotten an Axion sign, but I'll correct myself if I'm able to confirm through a photo, video or date.

FYI, fonts can(and have) been changed. Ever notice how the 8000's Axions got switched from their display font to the Luminator display font? Mind you, this happened before Luminator officially purchased Axion.

Bear in mind, the current Spectrum font program was made to resemble that of the Hanover font, so it's not impossible....

Edited by Cait Sith

5 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

FYI, fonts can(and have) been changed. Ever notice how the 8000's Axions got switched from their display font to the Luminator display font? Mind you, this happened before Luminator officially purchased Axion.

The MTA wouldn't put Hanover fonts on an Axion sign. If 4810 had Axion signs, then they would probably use the same font as the Axion signs on the 2011 LFS (remember that 4810 is a 2011 XD40).

I believe the 2011 LFS Axion sign fonts were replaced in the same year as Luminator purchase Axion, on 2014.

If 4810 did actually get Axion signs, was it delivered with them or was it delivered with Hanover which was swapped out with Axion? And does 4810 still have the Axion signs?

14 minutes ago, BenTheMiner said:

The MTA wouldn't put Hanover fonts on an Axion sign. If 4810 had Axion signs, then they would probably use the same font as the Axion signs on the 2011 LFS (remember that 4810 is a 2011 XD40).

I believe the 2011 LFS Axion sign fonts were replaced in the same year as Luminator purchase Axion, on 2014.

If 4810 did actually get Axion signs, was it delivered with them or was it delivered with Hanover which was swapped out with Axion? And does 4810 still have the Axion signs?

First and foremost, never say never when it comes to what the MTA can and can not do....

Second, the Axion sign change happened between late 2013 and Q1 of 2014. The acquisition of Axion happened in Q3/Q4 in 2014 and wasn't completed till 2015.

Third, it was swapped out. 4810 was delivered with a regular Hanover Amber sign like the rest of the 4800s. 4810 was the test bus for the Axion sign. It eventually got the Amber Hanover sign back once testing was done.

Also, the current spectrum program resembles that of the Hanover font. That type of font that's on the Spectrum's is not on Luminator's default font list. That font was made in-house.

Edited by Cait Sith

49 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

First and foremost, never say never when it comes to what the MTA can and can not do....

Second, the Axion sign change happened between late 2013 and Q1 of 2014. The acquisition of Axion happened in Q3/Q4 in 2014 and wasn't completed till 2015.

Third, it was swapped out. 4810 was delivered with a regular Hanover Amber sign like the rest of the 4800s. 4810 was the test bus for the Axion sign. It eventually got the Amber Hanover sign back once testing was done.

Also, the current spectrum program resembles that of the Hanover font. That type of font that's on the Spectrum's is not on Luminator's default font list. That font was made in-house.

My only question is, who came up with the goofy-ass fonts on Luminator Spectrums for the O7 NGs. The new M2 LIMITED font for the ex-SI multicolor buses looks ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

My only question is, who came up with the goofy-ass fonts on Luminator Spectrums for the O7 NGs. The new M2 LIMITED font for the ex-SI multicolor buses looks ridiculous.

The funny thing is that they got that exactly from the Hanover sign programming...that LIMITED sign is just as big as the current LIMITED sign on the Hanovers, they just made it a little wider on the Spectrums for who knows what reason.

The folks over at 2 Broadway's sign lab does some funny things.