What is your favorite or hated nice bus route/bus

Tom Meadow

I like all routes because they travel through beautiful scenics.

Beautiful scenic routes I love are n1, n2/8, n14, n15, n16/17, n19, n20/L/21, n22/A/X, n23, n24, n25, n26, n27, n31/32, n33, n35, n36, n43, n45, n46, n48/49, n50, n51, n54/55, n62, n70/71/72, n78/79, n80/81, n87/88.

My favorite bus to ride are all.

n15: Goes to my favorite Long Beach and Roosevelt FIeld.

n19: Goes near my favorite libraries, Bellmore, Merrick Libraries, King Kullen, Rite Aid, and Arby's.

n20/21: GOes to my favorite libraries, Great Neck Public Library at Lakeville Branch, Station Branch, Bryant Library, Glen Cove Library, Hicksville Library and Jericho Library and church on Shelter Rock Lane (long walk from Northern Blvd, well as King Kullen, Arby's.

n22/22X: GOes to my favorite library, Hicksville.

n22/24: GOes to my favorite Shake Shack.

n22/n22X/n23/n24/n40/41: Goes near Ethnical Humanist Society, my favorite place and also center for LIBRU and also Plum Tomatoes Pizza NICE Hotspot.

n23: My favorite Pt. Washington Library, waterfront and Shin Nara Japanese grocery.

n27: Glen Cove Library and Downtown Pizza

n31/32: Goes to my favorite library, Hewlett-Woodmere Library and Rockaways.

n33: My favorite route in beautiful Long Beach.

n35: Goes to my favorite library, Westbury, Baldwin Harbor Library.

n48/49: My favorite library and Whole Food at Jericho.

n70/71/72: My favorite when I go to circus protest at Nassau Colliseum and very delicious 3 Brother Pizza where they have seperate menu for meat and vegan eaters.

I rarely ride NICE buses but only if I am planning on going to Green Acres Mall or to NEFCU bank on Merrick Rd.

Favorite: N1 Hewlett to Green Acres Mall

N4

N31/N32

Hate: None because like I said, I don't use NICE bus very often.

I forgot about the N31/N32, they're pretty quick between 5 corners and Hempstead

Most likely because virtually no one uses the stops between 5 corners and Fulton Avenue. It's a shame because the n31/32 go through some pretty nice areas.

- I like what NICE did with the n24 & the n78/79... There were MUCH less people riding from east of Hicksville towards RFM & Mineola than there are people west of Mineola riding to RFM & Mineola.... MTA never figured that out w/ old country rd. service, which led to a gross waste of mileage running n78's & n79's west of HIcksville....

- I hated the experimentation & implementation of the n22x & n22L... They gave up on the n22L because the east of RFM folks benefited more from 22x trips....

I said on here before that they didn't need 22x's, 22L's, and 22's (the 24 if you want count it too, but it's not a part of the 22 service) running from Hicksville to Jamaica.... IMO, all they had to do was [run 22x's b/w RFM & Jamaica via the n22a routing] & [run 22L's from Hicksville to Jamaica via the 22 routing].... Having 22L's skip RFM was the fatal mistake.... Having 22x's run via Mineola I don't think would be necessary if you had 22L trips running there..... This way, the n22a would still be "backup" to the n22 west of RFM, and the n22L would be the LTD counterpart of the n22...

In other words, NICE has this 22x service running like a combination of local service & LTD service... I think the east of RFM folks deserve at least LTD service....

22x's should've been assisting 22L service on top of 22 service (west of RFM), not just 22 service.... From Hicksville, while the 22 garners much more of the usage than the 24, service east of RFM doesn't need 22x trips as much of service west of it does, because that are far more riders riding from "the city" (when I say that, I mean the boroughs) towards RFM, then there are those riding from areas b/w Hicksville to RFM, to RFM & points west.... You dedicate faster service to the market where there are the most riders that would benefit from it the most....

So what do I think should happen w/ 22 service in a nutshell... put it like this:

east of RFM & west of RFM (in other words, service from Hicksville to Jamaica) - would have local service & LTD service (22, 22L)

east of RFM only - would have local service & LTD service (22, 22L)

west of RFM only - would have local service, LTD service, and "express" service (22, 22a, 22L, 22x)

LTD's would run throughout most of the day... 22x trips would run rush hours only in the reverse peak direction (like it currently does)...

The 22 routing would be left alone, 22a routing would be left alone, 22L routing would be the same as the current 22x, 22x routing would be the same as the current 22a....

My rendition of a 22x would stop at RFM, Hillside/Willis, Hillside/NHP, Hillside/Springfield, 179th st (F), 165th st terminal.

Doesn't have to be like like I broke down the 22x/22L, but can someone explain the debacle of the n6x? I've noticed some posts on here stating how the old LTD was better than the current x trips.... Thanks.

The n6X made too few stops in Nassau and even fewer in Queens.  It basically started in Hempstead and went all the way out to 179th Street with three stops in Nassau and nothing in Queens until 179th.   NICE forgot that there were stops in between Hempstead and Jamaica that people actually used and by the time they realized it, it was too late.

The n6X made too few stops in Nassau and even fewer in Queens.  It basically started in Hempstead and went all the way out to 179th Street with three stops in Nassau and nothing in Queens until 179th.   NICE forgot that there were stops in between Hempstead and Jamaica that people actually used and by the time they realized it, it was too late.

I don't think its too late to add some stops on the N6X

Archived