Restoring the Lirr track in queens

trainfanrod

i see your talking about the rockaway branch, they are dead set into making that into some highline BS, the heck that we don't need that! We need new service!

no the article is talking about making it into a new subway and the queens govenor and leader of TWU local 100 is looking to make it happen

you really shouldn't post your email publicly on the internet...

anyways, Queens doesn't have a mayor, and the Borough President does jack shit, so unless either deBlasio, Speaker Heastie, or Cuomo come out with actual money for this thing, it isn't happening.

Nah they should make the R run here and then the G run in queens my opinon

The R is long and slow to begin with. Any longer and the line is going to be far worse. No leave the R as is. At the moment, I think eliminating the Rock Park S and replacing it with the H to Woodhaven Blvd on Queens Blvd is the better plan. The whole point is to ease the burden on the Q52/53 lines. 

How about the H line 2nd revival, from Rego Park to Rockaway Park Beach 116 St which means eliminating the Rockaway Shuttle.

Where would the (H) terminate at its northern end? There's Roosevelt Avenue's upper level, but I'm not sure how that was planned to connect to the Rockaways. The (H) would be the second crosstown route after the (G) if routed in this matter.

Where would the (H) terminate at its northern end? There's Roosevelt Avenue's upper level, but I'm not sure how that was planned to connect to the Rockaways. The (H) would be the second crosstown route after the (G) if routed in this matter.

I know this is ridiculous, but hey we can have some fun once in a while.

Send it via QBL Local / 53rd Street and Central Park West to 168th Street.

I was thinking, if they are going to restore the abandoned line and fix the abandoned express tracks along the (A) , how are the express tracks(starting at JFK) going to be use once the service starts running? Like which trains would use the express tracks?

Archived