R160 Voice Analysis

R179 8258

Have you guys gave it any thoughts that R160 has so many voice analysis. Like for example the (A)(C)(F) have the same voice analysis (J)(M)(Z) has the same , and the (E) and (R) has the same. I'm just wondering how many do they have lol. The ones on the (A)(C) and (F) are my favorite lol

And the (N) and (Q) has the same

This has been discussed a long time ago.

Jessica Ettinger-Gottesman is the female voice on the  (4) (5), and  (6) lines.

Dianne Thompson voices the  (1) (2), and  (3) lines.

Catherine Cowdery announces the  (B) (D) (M),(V)   (N) (Q) (R) (W) (J) (Z) (G), and  (E) lines.

Kathleen Campion voices the (A)(C)(F) lines which she may sound very similar to Diane Thompson. I'm not positive but I think she announces the (7) also. 

Lastly, Charlie is the solo male voice.

This has been discussed a long time ago.

Jessica Ettinger-Gottesman is the female voice on the (4), (5), and (6) lines.

Dianne Thompson voices the (1), (2), and (3) lines.

Catherine Cowdery announces the (B), (D), (M),(V) (N), (Q), (R), (W), (J), (Z), (G), and (E) lines.

Kathleen Campion voices the (A)(C)(F) lines which she may sound very similar to Diane Thompson. I'm not positive but I think she announces the (7) also.

Lastly, Charlie is the solo male voice.

Kathleen, Catherine, and some other person I forgot the name of (who did the ORIGINAL announcements) are used on the (7).

I like how people are saying "not this shit again" like a person is going to automatically be compelled to search deep into this forums past to find something that answers his question. Frankly, it's quicker to just ask. This is a transit forum and spreading information to the unwashed should be an positive thing. Instead of being so snooty about the question, just answer it. He obviously does not know.

I also think that 3rd woman's name on the (7) is Michelle or something along those lines.

I'll just repost this here.

I'm just going to list all of the NYC transit announcers. That way, we don't get ten questions of "Who does the announcements on X line?"

Annie Bergen:  (7)(S) -42nd St

Kathleen Campion:  (A)  (C)  (F)  (S) - Rockaway Park, Franklin Ave

Catherine Cowdery:  (B)  (D)  (E)  (G)  (J)  (L)  (M)  (N)  (Q)  (R)  (V)  (W)  (Z)

Jessica Ettinger:  (4)  (5)  (6)

Carolyn Hopkins: Flushing, B-Division next train arrivals

Charlie Pellett: "Stand Clear of the Closing Doors", other PSAs

Dianne Thompson:  (1)  (2)  (3)

Bernie Wagenblast: A-Division next train arrivals

With the exception of Bergen, each of the on-board announcers' voices pop up on other lines in random spots.

Also, to everyone else, just because you know the answer, it doesn't mean everyone else does as well. Don't assume every new member knows exactly where every answer to their questions are. It's not as though this was in some kind of FAQ section. If you don't want to be bothered answering the question, that's fine. However, there's no need to belittle someone else for not knowing something. 

Wrong. It was said that he was the sole male voice. Lance never stated that he does those sets of announcements. Therefore nothing was explained. Please properly read before criticizing others.

Why does he need to when Charlie Pellet is the ONLY male voice for the NTT trains. Everyone should know this regardless of what announcements on the NTT that are announced by a male because it is only one person, Charlie Pellet.

"Stand Clear the closing doors please"

"This is a Whitehall St bound Q train"

"This is the last stop on this train"

"thank you for riding with MTA NYCT"

You're telling me properly read when you stated "Like the ever so rare Charlie on the  (Q) via Whitehall?", who else would it be if Charlie is the ONLY male voice voicing the NTT? Oh.

Maybe because those Q to whatever announcements are so rarely heard that the poster likely did not know?

And don't try to contradict me when you clearly referred to Lance's post. Be more specific if you want to debate with me. If you wanted to be clear, you should have referred to mine as well. How do you know he even read mine? I skim over posts all the time. We can't assume he read everything or for that fact, read it and absorbed the information.

Maybe because those Q to whatever announcements are so rarely heard that the poster likely did not know?

And don't try to contradict me when you clearly referred to Lance's post. Be more specific if you want to debate with me. If you wanted to be clear, you should have referred to mine as well. How do you know he even read mine? I skim over posts all the time. We can't assume he read everything or for that fact, read it and absorbed the information.

I referred to Lance's post when I posted the majority of the information before him? I didn't go through the history to find who and where this was discussed before but I remembered who most of the announcers were.

Your theory is I am incorrect that Charlie Pellet is the only male voice for the NTT's because Lance didn't say so. Yet you call me out but fail to say who is the other male announcer.

A quick look back: I would assume this information is inaccurate

From what i read on subchat , someone emailed Dianne and she said she only recorded the 7 ave line.

So here's the list of voices: [wont allow me to use the proper bullets for some reason so bare with me]

Dianne Thompson: 1 2 3 9 lines

Jessica Ettinger : 4 5 6 lines

Melissa Kleiner: old 5 Announcements

Annie Bergan: 7 and 42 st Shuttle

Kathleen Campion:  (A)  (C)  (F)  (S) and various reroutes along with updated station announcements. She's also been placed on updated  (G) announcements. She also now voices the countdown clocks on the BMT Broadway line.

Catherine Cowdery:  (B)  (D)  (E)  (G)  (J)  (L) , Brown M,  (M)  (N)  (Q)  (R)  (W)  (V)  (Z) along with reroute and updated transfer announcements. Also voices some reroute announcements on the  (5) and  (6) lines and the  <6> to Pelham bay park announcements during rush hour.

Charlie pellet : updated  (N) and  (Q) line announcements along with IRT transfer announcements and service announcements.

because Lance didn't say so.

Guys, it's not that serious. It's just automated announcements, not the winning Powerball numbers. Calm down.

Like I said, all of the on-board announcers pop up in various line for a recording or two, whether it's a transfer, next station or destination announcement. I didn't go into any detail because we'd be here all day. That and I don't know about every announcement recording, nor do I really care all that much.

• 1 month later...

Some people might remember me.. I rode the subway for 24 hours trying to recorde each voice for each stop.. I will say I will NEVER do something like that again.. I was exahusted to the max! I still have them from.. I think 5-7 years ago lol it's been so long.

It was already explained that Charlie is the solo male voice for the NTT announcements. No need to explain further.

It was already explained that Charlie is the solo male voice for the NTT announcements. No need to explain further.

Why you so rude let him talk

Some people might remember me.. I rode the subway for 24 hours trying to recorde each voice for each stop.. I will say I will NEVER do something like that again.. I was exahusted to the max! I still have them from.. I think 5-7 years ago lol it's been so long.

I knew your name sounded familiar. It's been a while.

I knew your name sounded familiar. It's been a while.

Yeah I know It was friken hard doing all that.. to this day I shutter at thinking all that riding I did.. I may be moving to Brooklyn so I wont no longer have to make trips from CT anymore :D

I think Jessica Ettinger does the best with the announcements. Loud and clear spoken voice, also rather catchy when riding the lines she announces for. But I am no longer a subway rider so I am not sure what is going on with this whole announcement stuff. Just thought I drop in to catch up.

Archived