"F" G.O. Memorial Day Weekend

+Young+

So I was looking ahead at the Planned Service Changes and I see this for Memorial Day Weekend:

F.png Coney Island-bound trains run via the E.png from Roosevelt Av to Canal St,
     then via the A.png to Jay St-MetroTech 

Weekend & Holiday, 11:30 PM Fri to 5 AM Tue, May 22 - 26 

Trains run express from Roosevelt Av to Queens Plaza. 

No Coney Island-bound F.png service at 21 St-QueensbridgeRoosevelt IslandLexington Av/6357, 47-50 Sts42 St-Bryant Pk34 St-Herald Sq2314B'way-Lafayette Sts2 AvDelancey StEast Broadwayand York St. 

Trains stop at W 4 St-Wash Sq. 

Can someone please elaborate as far as what specific track work they will be doing? Is this because they are going to be doing work along the 63rd Street Tunnel, 6th Avenue Local Tracks and the Rutgers Street Tunnel all at once on the S/B tracks?

I just find this G/O very interesting, especially since this affects approximately one-third (1/3) of the second longest line in the "B" division.

Thanks in advance...

6th Avenue along with the QBL is next for signal and switch upgrades anyway so this could be the beginning of it's CBTC project. According to the latest CPOC, the (F) is actually going to be the first, non-isolated route to get CBTC on almost all of it's route. From Union Turnpike to Avenue X.

6th Avenue along with the QBL is next for signal and switch upgrades anyway so this could be the beginning of it's CBTC project. According to the latest CPOC, the (F) is actually going to be the first, non-isolated route to get CBTC on almost all of it's route. From Union Turnpike to Avenue X.

The 6th Avenue part won't get it for awhile though.

The 6th Avenue part won't get it for awhile though.

It's a part of the 2015-19 capital program according to the latest CPOC. Signals and switches still do need to be replaced which does tie in to CBTC work. The actual CBTC equipment does not need to be installed at the same time.

The (E) and (F) are going local "north" of Roosevelt Ave, so they're sending the (R) to 179th. Are they starting to think about the customer? Or did they realize that they pay more overtime due to "train traffic" by fumigating at 71st Ave?  :rolleyes:

This GO for the memorial day weekend is going to cause alot of congestion and delays along 8 av

It shouldn't be too too bad. The downtown (C) will be going express to Canal St.

The (E) and (F) are going local "north" of Roosevelt Ave, so they're sending the (R) to 179th. Are they starting to think about the customer? Or did they realize that they pay more overtime due to "train traffic" by fumigating at 71st Ave?  :rolleyes:

As I said to you 2 months ago, the (R) is still needed on Queens Blvd regardless of the (E) and (F) running local on the Queens Blvd Line fully or partially. Just send the (R) to Union Tpke (crossing over to and from the express track east of 71 Av and skipping 75 Av in both directions) or straight to 179 St and there'd be little to no delays. So everything in the entire subway system should be treated equally as a whole, whether it's a full-time line or part-time line, no matter. As understood, the combined 18 trains per hour on one singe track is too frequent enough as it is, so it makes little to no sense to continuously turn the (R) at 71 Av. Same goes for the (G) at Church Av when the (F) runs very frequently Monday through Friday.

As I said to you 2 months ago, the (R) is still needed on Queens Blvd regardless of the (E) and (F) running local on the Queens Blvd Line fully or partially. Just send the (R) to Union Tpke (crossing over to and from the express track east of 71 Av and skipping 75 Av in both directions) or straight to 179 St and there'd be little to no delays. So everything in the entire subway system should be treated equally as a whole, whether it's a full-time line or part-time line, no matter. As understood, the combined 18 trains per hour on one singe track is too frequent enough as it is, so it makes little to no sense to continuously turn the (R) at 71 Av. Same goes for the (G) at Church Av when the (F) runs very frequently Monday through Friday.

The reason its going to 179 because they're doing trackwork at the Relay.

The (E) and (F) are going local "north" of Roosevelt Ave, so they're sending the (R) to 179th. Are they starting to think about the customer? Or did they realize that they pay more overtime due to "train traffic" by fumigating at 71st Ave? :rolleyes:

It shouldn't be too too bad. The downtown (C) will be going express to Canal St.

Really? I will definitely be there rail fanning and laughing at the crew on all the line it's going to be a big pain to get the (A)(C)(E) and (F) trains to their terminals on time during that weekend G.O

I agree even though service is frequent enough part time like the (R) are still needed to transport commuters to get where they need to be

Archived