Five dead after NYC-bound Amtrak train derails in Philadelphia

BreeddekalbL

If the train was hit by a projectile that was thrown intentionally by some hooligan which caused it to crash, authorities need to find that person and charge him/her with everything ranging from criminally negligent  manslaughter to vandalism. I seriously hope that this wasn't some stupid kid who thought it would be funny to throw something at a train, but if it was, they need to send a message and make an example out of that kid.

If the train was hit by a projectile that was thrown intentionally by some hooligan which caused it to crash, authorities need to find that person and charge him/her with everything ranging from criminally negligent  manslaughter to vandalism. I seriously hope that this wasn't some stupid kid who thought it would be funny to throw something at a train, but if it was, they need to send a message and make an example out of that kid.

Well, two other trains were hit by things large enough to severely damage windows. So if it was struck, it wasn't just someone throwing one thing. it was a pattern. 

Personally, I think the charge should be either terrorism, or depraved indifference murder. It's not manslaughter, it's literally murder, as the do-er's intent was to strike a speeding train with an object and he did so with "depraved indifference" for the consequences. 

• 3 months later...

Well, two other trains were hit by things large enough to severely damage windows. So if it was struck, it wasn't just someone throwing one thing. it was a pattern. 

Personally, I think the charge should be either terrorism, or depraved indifference murder. It's not manslaughter, it's literally murder, as the do-er's intent was to strike a speeding train with an object and he did so with "depraved indifference" for the consequences. 

This accident was NOT a terroristic threat, Kids throwing bricks on the tracks on the train AND some trespasser put something on the tracks to make it crash. 

I live 20 minutes southwest of this accident and the engineer was red-eyed going 106 on a 50 curve. now as they always say: speed does kill people but how he managed to survive the crash was beyond me. 

The engineer did not repeatedly wanted to talk to the authorities about what made him go 106 on a 50. Instead, he went and lawyered up. his attorney spoke for him.

As for 601, that engine is laid up in white covered at the Wilmington, De facility for inspection of locos, old, new and last timers before they're either sold or sent to scrap 

Archived