Museum Car Discussion Thread

Dj Hammers

Taken on 11/27/2016. For the holiday season, the MTA is rolling out the annual vintage R1/9 "Holiday Shoppers Special" along the IND Sixth Avenue Line between Queens Plaza and 2 Ave, every Sunday. And what better way than to have this video on the birth of the (V) subway line. 

NOTE: On December 17th, 2001, the now-defunct (V) Subway Line was created. The Holiday Shoppers Special is more fitting to the (V) line than the (M) line. Please don't ask me if the (V) is coming back because there are no signs of revival for that line.

Enjoy and please subscribe to my channel.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taken on 11/27/2016. Merry Christmas. Hop Aboard and enjoy the whistle and horns of the Vintage Holiday Train. Enjoy the view and stations along the 53rd Street connector and 6th Avenue Line between Queens Plaza and Lower East Side-2nd Avenue. 

Enjoy and please subscribe to my channel

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday, I saw part of the Train of Many Metals at Columbus Circle. Two R38s, two R40s and one R16. The current system on CPW and in other places doesn't know which train is on the tracks. The system said that an uptown express train was one minute away, and then this train came. I was peeking on the express track, and then I saw what I thought was an R38. I quickly got my camera out and recorded. This was all by chance.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Summer Nostalgia trips are posted:

http://www.nytransitmuseum.org/programs/?tribe_paged=1&tribe_event_display=list&tribe_eventcategory%5B0%5D=13

Includes the Lo-Vs to Van Cortland, Train of Many Metals (R11/34 8013 included) to Coney Island via Second Avenue Subway, and Train of Many Colors to Mets-Willets Point. Grab your tickets before they sell out!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...