Dj Hammers

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

The R44?

Aren't 2 cars already in the museum?

Just 1 car.

Which is unfortunate because it means it can't really run as part of a set. Maybe they could keep an SIR car as well.

If the braking systems weren't different, they could have kept two R44s and two R46s in a four-car set.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's been reported that the R1-R9 Museum train had problems last Sunday and that R4 #484 could be the problem. If you watch the U-Tube video from the Summer trip that they were used on, you can hear Bill Wall say to the train operator " Looks like 484 is being the problem child today, the brakes are slow releasing ". My guess is that the issue was not totally resolved. Mike & Bill will figure itr out. The D-Type/AB Train could always fill in.

It's been reported that the R1-R9 Museum train had problems last Sunday and that R4 #484 could be the problem. If you watch the U-Tube video from the Summer trip that they were used on, you can hear Bill Wall say to the train operator " Looks like 484 is being the problem child today, the brakes are slow releasing ". My guess is that the issue was not totally resolved. Mike & Bill will figure itr out. The D-Type/AB Train could always fill in.

I was on that Holliday train Sunday, and the train did seem to start to break earlier... Also, the R4 jerked around the most.

Sent from my iPad using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

I was there Sunday and the last round trip was funny. We left 2nd Avenue almost a half hour late because one of the cars was screwing us up. Then, halfway into 34th Street N/B, the train stalled for like 10 minutes. It was lowkey funny tbh.

Are there employees watching the train or its there unattended like a regular layup train?

Shocked they left it there all night, thought they could at least towed the train up to 207th in the overnight hours,

The train is still there. The brakes locked up on one of the cars yesterday, so they split the train and ran it as a 5 car set.

That was a disaster because of the overcrowding, so they cancelled the entire thing. They've been working around the clock to get the problematic car working to limp up to 207 so it can be ready in time for next weekend.

Only thing I can suggest it's to keep an eye on the MTA site and Facebook page during the week for updates.

Further clarification: http://www.subchat.com/read.asp?Id=1418854

In short, problems happen. That's just the nature of running a transit system, whether it be with old equipment or new equipment.

They're running a 7-car set? Odd.

Edited by Tonyboy515

Is it safe to say that the motor is good and it will be up and running this weekend?

No. Read the post on subchat again. 1300 is sitting out the rest of the month.

They're running a 7-car set? Odd.

Nice play on words  ;) But yea, what else are they to do? It doesn't make sense to put the standards or the D-types on the set, even though they are MU capable with the R9s, because the doors don't trainline, and using the TOMM is out of the question, despite what a large chunk of the fan community seems to think.

No. Read the post on subchat again. 1300 is sitting out the rest of the month.

IMHO, 1300 will not only be sitting out for the rest of the month, but 1300 will be sitting out until further notice, depending on how fast they can get parts.

That's true, but I have faith in Bill and the crew. The 9s don't typically run between the end of December and late June (at which point, only part of the consist is required anyway). There's plenty of time to get parts and repair 1300 before she's needed again. And by that time, 103 will be certified operable as well, so there'll be more wiggle room by the time next December rolls around.