Station Agent Exam 6600 study guide?

panda

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to file for the station agent exam 6600 in July.  Anyone know if there a good study guide I can use for this exam?  Is the green passport station agent book worth getting?

Also anyone know if I would qualify base on my experience as a Customer Service Representative at a Financial Corp for 2 years?  I was not a financial advisor.  My job duties was to answer telephone calls, answering clients questions and directing their calls.  Do you think I would qualify?  

Thanks 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to file for the station agent exam 6600 in July.  Anyone know if there a good study guide I can use for this exam?  Is the green passport station agent book worth getting?

Thanks 

I wouldn't recommend getting the green passport station agent book...IMHO, those things are out of date.

My suggestion, if you want to save some $$, get a few study guides out of the Library. I live in Queens, therefore with Queens Library (http://www.queenslibrary.org), you can simply request a particular book and you can pick it up at your local branch. I don't know how the other libraries work in the tri-state area. What's nice is that, if you don't like the book, you can just return it with no hassle. It's not like you physically paid $$ for it.

If the upcoming exam is anything like the exam I took in 2008, a book isn't really going to help you. It's mostly common sense questions, math questions (how much to add to a card to give a customer x number of fares, etc.) and directions (which direction must a person travel to get from Soho to Murray Hill, etc.)

Archived