R42 R Train!!!!!

Sea Beach

Nice catch, but did this R-42 actually go into service as an (R)? I would think from all the correct signage that it most likely did. Would definitely be a rare sight for 95th or anywhere on the 4th Ave Line now. Used to occasionally see a slant (W) and even a rare R-42 (M) get rerouted there. Hope it stays it around for a bit.

Oh ok, cool. Hope I get one soon. :D I see quite a few R-32s in the late rush hour at my end of the (R) line. I like the R-32 rollsigns for their route descriptions, "Qns Blvd / Bway / 4 Av" over the R-42s. But I could do without those flip-dots.

I take the (R) every weekday during rush hour when I go and come back from school,and I always get the 32's to. This means,instead of me getting on the 32's,i'll be getting on those 42's!! Expect R42 (R) pics and vids from me this week!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that'll just be awesome, if i ever see that R42 R rolling down the tracks at 63rd drive i'll just explode in foam lol

good add more real trains to the R line instead of the usual crappy tin can that comes in..

Isn't there one though, i guess its a slant, i forget that's hooked to an R42? :P

- A

No slants or Mods in Jamaica. If your talking about the R40M/R42 4460/4665 Mis-mate pair, I believe thats currently out of Pitkin, and in service on the (A):D

By the way, nice catch on the ®omeo. Last time I rode/saw an R42 was back in 2005 or 2006, when there was a major G.O. sending all northbound ®'s FROM Bay Ridge-95 St to Chambers or Essex Sts; 8-Car R42 Trains used and signed up as (R) & <R>.

Zachary

No slants or Mods in Jamaica. If your talking about the R40M/R42 4460/4665 Mis-mate pair, I believe thats currently out of Pitkin, and in service on the (A):D

By the way, nice catch on the ®omeo. Last time I rode/saw an R42 was back in 2005 or 2006, when there was a major G.O. sending all northbound ®'s FROM Bay Ridge-95 St to Chambers or Essex Sts; 8-Car R42 Trains used and signed up as (R) & <R>.

Zachary

I believe this is the R40 your talking about that the (R) <R> used:

http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/show?84943

If so,it was on 3/7/2007 and it was a R40 Slant.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that'll just be awesome, if i ever see that R42 R rolling down the tracks at 63rd drive i'll just explode in foam lol

good add more real trains to the R line instead of the usual shitty tin can that comes in..

LMAO!! I knew you were gonna say that!!

So being that all these R-42's are finding their way to Jamaica,can I expect to see them on the (F)(V)(G) one day or any time soon?

and not to get off topic but I saw picture of an R-46 incorrectly signed for the (M) then I saw another picture of an R-46 in Coney Island Shops signed for the (L)....I thought that the R-44/46/68's didnt come with (J)(L)(M)(Z) signs because the curves on the BMT Eastern Division were too sharp to accomadate 75 foot cars...did this problem get fixed??

So being that all these R-42's are finding their way to Jamaica,can I expect to see them on the (F)(V)(G) one day or any time soon?

and not to get off topic but I saw picture of an R-46 incorrectly signed for the (M) then I saw another picture of an R-46 in Coney Island Shops signed for the (L)....I thought that the R-44/46/68's didnt come with (J)(L)(M)(Z) signs because the curves on the BMT Eastern Division were too sharp to accomadate 75 foot cars...did this problem get fixed??

The R68/R68A Signs were updated Pre July 2001 Manhattan Bridge Swap; hence, before then, all letters and routes were included in the R68/R68A rollsigns. The R44/R46s, I guess the rolls were never changed.

Zachary

Well,the 42's are replacing most 32's,and the 32's dont run on the (V) and (G),but some 32's do run on the (F),so I think you know what that means,the (F) 32's will probally get replaced with the 42's!!!!!

Oh ok, cool. Hope I get one soon. :) I see quite a few R-32s in the late rush hour at my end of the (R) line. I like the R-32 rollsigns for their route descriptions, "Qns Blvd / Bway / 4 Av" over the R-42s. But I could do without those flip-dots.

Check the 1600 and 1622 put ins out of 36 St...

Usually those WERE R32's, maybe now you will catch this set.

Archived