MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Harry featured this topic
1 hour ago, MTABusTransitFanner said:

Uh, that TTMG link leads me to a page saying page not found

https://www.ttmg.org/insidersguide/current-rosters/new-york-mta-bus-roster/new-york-mta-bus-roster-depot-5/
I believe Staten Island has gotten its roster updated
https://www.ttmg.org/insidersguide/current-rosters/new-york-mta-bus-roster/
heres the fleet roster in general

Edited by Q39 to Ridgewood

On 4/24/2021 at 12:10 AM, MTABusTransitFanner said:

2910 has returned to College Point, looks like its getting ready for Eastchester Scrap

It's the end of the road for the Green Flipdots, and the 2001-02 MCIs in general now. I had been seeing this coming, but didn't know they would get knocked off this quick by the Prevosts.

4 hours ago, Q39 to Ridgewood said:

2910 ran on the QM1 earlier this morning, so it is not scrapped yet.

This is why I was going to put a post on here yesterday asking if anyone knew if this unit was confirmed as legitimately retired or not as the wording of the previous posts only suggested it was heading to scrap, not confirming it was. There's been quite a few situations in the past with one or two units left of a retiring series that sticks around for a while longer. (174 & 180, 6333 & 6025, 9849, 6432, 6600 etc)

I knew I should have asked but waited to see if anyone was going to confirm, my gut feeling pushing me. Would have been out there this morning lol. 

4 hours ago, 4P3607 said:

This is why I was going to put a post on here yesterday asking if anyone knew if this unit was confirmed as legitimately retired or not as the wording of the previous posts only suggested it was heading to scrap, not confirming it was. There's been quite a few situations in the past with one or two units left of a retiring series that sticks around for a while longer. (174 & 180, 6333 & 6025, 9849, 6432, 6600 etc)

I knew I should have asked but waited to see if anyone was going to confirm, my gut feeling pushing me. Would have been out there this morning lol. 

145 (7815) lasted a pretty long time before being retired, I think 101 (5518) as well, if I’m not mistaken.

On 4/22/2021 at 10:58 AM, Calvin said:

2858 and 2887 have been acquired by NYPD for private use, Triborough Bridge area

On 4/22/2021 at 12:09 PM, MTABusTransitFanner said:

3176 went to NYPD as well

Interesting, I've never seen an NYPD MCI. Do they use them to transport cops to big events? Or transporting people to central booking from protests?

17 hours ago, QM1to6Ave said:

Interesting, I've never seen an NYPD MCI. Do they use them to transport cops to big events? Or transporting people to central booking from protests?

There has been one for a few years assigned to a police facility near Cunningham Park.  It is visible from the westbound Grand Central Pky. west of Francis Lewis Blvd. looking to the right (opposite the gas station).  IIRC it is a former NYCT 18XX.

Edited by Bill from Maspeth

2 minutes ago, Bill from Maspeth said:

There has been one for a few years assigned to a police facility near Cunningham Park.  It is visible from the westbound Grand Central Pky. west of Francis Lewis Blvd. looking to the right (opposite the gas station).  IIRC it is a former NYCT 18XX.

That bus is assigned to NYPD Highway Patrol Division 3 (Queens)..

I believe NYPD Highway Division 2 (Brooklyn) also has a MCI (Correction needed if I'm wrong) I did spot a MCI at a protest at Barclays sometime last year.