MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, MHV184 said:

Only the right half side took damage but overall It does look fixable.

Just saw a picture. It's not scrapped. Just the front window and some of the right side damaged. And as I said before, not as major as 9505. 

Edited by MysteriousBtrain

3 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

Are the three remaining 96 RTS at LGA retired? Their not listed anymore on the Google bus roster and I didn't see none of the three buses in the lots at LGA depot today..

Incorrect. They are still on the roster (which was just updated today btw). 

44790959295_bfb961b851_b.jpg

Edited by Coney Island Av

3 minutes ago, Coney Island Av said:

Incorrect. They are still on the roster (which was just updated today btw). 

44790959295_bfb961b851_b.jpg

That's the TTMG roster I was talking about the Google bus roster 

https://sites.google.com/site/mtanewyorkcitybusroster/new-york-city-bus-roster/laguardia-depot-mta-bus

I did not know the TTMG roster updated today so I stopped using until it got updated.

5 minutes ago, Ty24 said:

Why was 3548 scrapped again? Was looking back through the pages. I saw it at Zerega today in the back completely stripped with its old scheme. 

That unit caught fire, happened a long time ago. 

Edited by Calvin

20 minutes ago, Calvin said:

That unit caught fire, happened a long time ago. 

Thanks for the response.  Giving that it still had its scheme when delivered says it’s been scrapped for years but we still are holding on to it.

On 10/28/2018 at 10:28 PM, trainfan22 said:

Wow, I saw 9505 on the B38 on the tracker and could have rode it (me and that bus was in Downtown BK at the same time) but decided to ride a RTS on the B41 instead, don't regret it though as I enjoyed my RTS ride lol.

Hopefully 9506 exists and they can use that as the pilot bus for the BAE hybrid system instead.

9500-9504 are all Allison pilot buses, and 9505-9509 are all BAE Systems pilot buses. 

On 11/3/2018 at 3:57 PM, MysteriousBtrain said:

Just saw a picture. It's not scrapped. Just the front window and some of the right side damaged. And as I said before, not as major as 9505. 

Negative. The damage to 5477 is much more extensive than that of 9505. I don’t know where these widespread rumors about this bus have come about. The bus has minor damage. 5477 has major damage and is pending a frame inspection to determine its fate. As it appears the frame is not bent

On 11/3/2018 at 9:18 PM, MysteriousBtrain said:

5249 retired but preserved as a museum bus.

This is correct. 5249 is the last RTS Model designation T80-206 ever built. I’ve actually mentioned several times over the last decade that it would one day become a museum bus. I’ve been waiting about 20 years for this day as I knew it would happen before MTA did. The actually didn’t know it was the last -206 ever until I notified them of this some years back. 

Edited by East New York