MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's odd but not to suprising  they did reactivated  the Rts and Orion VII CNG before but for this I'm assuming they did it because  the situation  with eny being short idk for sure I dont even know if the other units will get reactivated  or just this one but for now its alive again... also this unit is like #7818 that one didnt track on the bus trackers at the time funny moment to me.

29 minutes ago, danielhg121 said:

I believe it caught on fire and could not be repaired. Or even if they can repair it, it's more than halfway done with it's useful life.

Really? The only recent bus fire I know of was 1201 on the Bx9. Never heard of an xcelsior catching on fire.

13 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Really? The only recent bus fire I know of was 1201 on the Bx9. Never heard of an xcelsior catching on fire.

FB_IMG_1555867729981.png

Gun Hill's maintenance never disappoints /s

Happened back approx. April 2019

Edited by danielhg121
not my pic

37 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

TTMG has 6617 and 6621 active and assigned to East New York Depot. Weren’t those units reported scrap? Also, 6619 isn’t on the roster but supposedly it’s a zombie at East New York Depot.

Sent back and reactive.  Only 6490 and select 6500s were removed at FP. 

On 3/31/2020 at 9:51 PM, Calvin said:

3132: to scrap

People have to remember that the buses around this age are 15-16 years old. You should be seeing a lot more retirements like this. So far, about 10 of that large order have been retired for reasons related to this. The NYCT batch, by contrast (4300-4329), probably has much less mileage, owing to its early time at QV. Except for UP and its early time at Charleston, these buses rarely ran 7 days a week, while College Point, Eastchester, and Yonkers MCIs have to be ultra-high-mileage.

8609 was involved in accident (don't know if that has been mentioned yet) https://www.silive.com/news/2020/04/victory-boulevard-blocked-in-meiers-corners-due-to-crash.html

Update: was mentioned in random thoughts thread and did not see it until now so disregard this post

Edited by DCTransitFilms

• 4 weeks later...