MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

On 9/3/2020 at 4:49 AM, Kevin Madson said:

Where is the proof of this? I haven't seen any reports of bus fires anywhere?

On 9/3/2020 at 9:07 AM, Snorunts said:

There was a picture going around a while ago. You have to look for it, because I don’t have it on me.

8 minutes ago, FLX9304 said:

You gotta have proof of that bus or it did not happen. As @Kevin Madsonmentioned, Gleason has taken good care of their buses. As for Kevin, I heard about that fire. 

IMG_0988

Here's a screenshot of a video someone took when it happened, back around August 4th. You can't clearly see that it's #808, but you can make out the fact that it's an XN40. I haven't seen any other videos of that bus since, or any pics of the damage.

If it makes you feel any better, the last time #808 tracked was Aug. 3rd, here's proof of that:

New Project (25)

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

I hate how the person said for all those that trash the Bronx as if JG’s maintenance is as bad as KB or GH. Accidents happen and just because one bus got caught up in flames doesn’t mean anything. 

EXACTLY! THANK YOU! At least Jackie Gleason buses are not known for catching on fire.

12 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

I hate how the person said for all those that trash the Bronx as if JG’s maintenance is as bad as KB or GH. Accidents happen and just because one bus got caught up in flames doesn’t mean anything. 

that moron gotta realize that the Bronx is already screwing up their 2019 LFSs. lets not forget about 4799 and 1201.

Cam you guys not worry about how depots take care of their buses? All buses can break down, get into an accident, catch on fire, etc. Always has to be the "newer members" that bring up how certain buses or depots are better than others and it's really annoying.

Yes 808 got into an accident a month ago and if you bothered to look around the thread you would see the proof you need. 

1 hour ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Cam you guys not worry about how depots take care of their buses? All buses can break down, get into an accident, catch on fire, etc. Always has to be the "newer members" that bring up how certain buses or depots are better than others and it's really annoying.

Yes 808 got into an accident a month ago and if you bothered to look around the thread you would see the proof you need. 

Well it’s not like they’re getting off topic if they’re mentioning which units caught fire and may have been retired....

6 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

Well it’s not like they’re getting off topic if they’re mentioning which units caught fire and may have been retired....

He wasn’t at all making the argument that this conversation was “off-topic”, but go off I guess...

But seriously, people need to realize that it isn’t all about the depot or the depot’s maintenance... and that’s what the original post was making fun of... people trash the Bronx’s maintenance all the time (and to be fair, it isn’t exactly top notch), but the second it happens to another bus elsewhere, everyone is shocked and can’t believe it.

The fact of the matter, like @MysteriousBtrain stated, is that anything can happen to any given bus at any given time, and blaming it solely on a depot‘s maintenance is pretty stupid unless it is actually is their fault, and not some other reason...

And to quote a recent post up above:

15 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

Accidents happen and just because one bus got caught up in flames doesn’t mean anything. 

It works both ways sometimes. That’s all I’m going to say on the matter. Carry on.

Just now, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

He wasn’t at all making the argument that this conversation was “off-topic”, but go off I guess...

But seriously, people need to realize that it isn’t all about the depot or the depot’s maintenance... and that’s what the original post was making fun of... people trash the Bronx’s maintenance all the time (and to be fair, it isn’t exactly top notch), but the second it happens to another bus elsewhere, everyone is shocked and can’t believe it.

The fact of the matter, like @MysteriousBtrain stated, is that anything can happen to any given bus at any given time, and blaming it solely on a depot‘s maintenance is pretty stupid unless it is actually is their fault, and not some other reason...

And to quote a recent post up above:

It works both ways sometimes. That’s all I’m going to say on the matter. Carry on.

I never stated any depots with bad maintenance and it seems like you’re the one “going off” right now lmao. 😂 All I said was if something is on topic, people have the right to bring it up in the thread.
Let’s move on and wait to see which bus is the next to be scrapped/retired. 

2 hours ago, Shawn Williams said:

that moron gotta realize that the Bronx is already screwing up their 2019 LFSs. lets not forget about 4799 and 1201.

first off im not a moron but thanks. Second off the point of the post was to show that it isn't just the bronx that accidents or instances of incidents can occur. You guys seem to trash the bronx to only then turn the blind eye when Brooklyn has an issue. And if you wanna talk about 2019 units getting messed up let's talk about fresh pond and their xd40s with panels beat up and DEF stains on the rear right panels. Or even ENYs recent mismanagement of those ogs. All I'm saying is some of you really have clouded judgment and point fingers at every where but your home boroughs.

7 minutes ago, sub 3777 said:

first off im not a moron but thanks. Second off the point of the post was to show that it isn't just the bronx that accidents or instances of incidents can occur. You guys seem to trash the bronx to only then turn the blind eye when Brooklyn has an issue. And if you wanna talk about 2019 units getting messed up let's talk about fresh pond and their xd40s with panels beat up and DEF stains on the rear right panels. Or even ENYs recent mismanagement of those ogs. All I'm saying is some of you really have clouded judgment and point fingers at every where but your home boroughs.

werent you the same teen to break into kingsbridge depot? lets all not forget how everytime your bronx D60Hfs go on a hill they want to catch on fire

7 minutes ago, Shawn Williams said:

werent you the same teen to break into kingsbridge depot? lets all not forget how everytime your bronx D60Hfs go on a hill they want to catch on fire

you seem to know so much about me im surprised you wouldn't that I know people from the depot who allowed to be in its vicinity and slightly inside to see the fuel line. Oh and let's not forget about how when the ogs are on eny routes they like to go up in smoke.

Edited by sub 3777

16 minutes ago, sub 3777 said:

you seem to know so much about me im surprised you wouldn't that I know people from the depot who allowed to be in its vicinity and slightly inside to see the fuel line. Oh and let's not forget about how when the ogs are on eny routes they like to go up in smoke.

the bronx Novas are just toaster ovens. i don't get how Staten island does better than the Bronx with the Lfs's

LMAO fanners are in here having bus depot stan wars. Unless you're an mechanic or management at these depots why is y'all taking this so personally...

Unless you're an diesel tech with lots of knowledge of bus maintenance or an B/O spending 7-8 hours driving an bus out of an particular depot we're all just speculating...

@Shawn Williams, @sub 3777 are you two really hurling insults and arguing about bus depot maintenance AND are not employees of any (MTA) depot?

YGTBFKM.

Knock it off - buses catch fire or end up lemons for various reasons aside from whether a mechanic torqued bolts properly.

And unless you guys work for the agency as mechanics or techs in Surface ops, it’s a stupid fight for you to be having and possibly getting muted over.

TL:DR version:

19 hours ago, sub 3777 said:

Who called you a moron?  I looked back at this page and the previous one (till 7/21) and there were no posts from you.

Unless you are going by 2 handles, LOL!

@Shawn Williams @sub 3777

Don't tell me yall looking like this now..

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

In all seriousness, cut it out guys, there's no need for back and forth excavating each other's history or life in general. If y'all wanna fight over which depot is better, then so be it, but it's honestly not giving you or anyone else points or funds in your pockets.

Edited by NBTA

8 hours ago, NBTA said:

@Shawn Williams @sub 3777

Don't tell me yall looking like this now..

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

In all seriousness, cut it out guys, there's no need for back and forth excavating each other's history or life in general. If y'all wanna fight over which depot is better, then so be it, but it's honestly not giving you or anyone else points or funds in your pockets.

I mean I don’t mind debating over things but I found it uncalled for when I laid out a point and then he didn’t return the favor, he only jabbed in a personal light. In all honesty I was just trying to lay out that every depot and borough has its issues, maybe some more than others, but that doesn’t mean any of them are perfect like some believe.

8 hours ago, Bill from Maspeth said:

Who called you a moron?  I looked back at this page and the previous one (till 7/21) and there were no posts from you.

Unless you are going by 2 handles, LOL!

yes, I had a different account before and ended up canning it, no pun intended. 

Edited by sub 3777

15 hours ago, Snorunts said:

My gosh, I’m not even reading what everyone’s been saying anymore. If there is feud going on between two people, private message each other. No one else in this thread cares about these ridiculous arguments. Is it too hard for people to move on?

Yes, seriously! Can we get the mods to delete ALL of this? 

1 hour ago, The TransitMan said:

Yes, seriously! Can we get the mods to delete ALL of this? 

I thought about it, but there's so many related posts from several with heat in them that also moved the topic along that I don't think deleting all of them actually accomplishes anything that ignoring them doesn't.

• 3 weeks later...