MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

Are there any updates on the remaining 5 2007 Hybrids at Fresh Pond Depot (6819, 6824-6825, 6834, 6836)? When was the last time each of them ran and have any been retired since?

All those buses have been retired for more than two weeks.

15 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Since when did #4799 have a fire and why is it already retired?

This happened in 2019 actually, before all the moves. It was a bad engine fire, and it hasn't been touched I believe, just like 1201.

1020 is currently in Eastchester, not to be scrapped however.

Edited by NBTA

6 hours ago, NBTA said:

This happened in 2019 actually, before all the moves. It was a bad engine fire, and it hasn't been touched I believe, just like 1201.

1020 is currently in Eastchester, not to be scrapped however.

Saw the damage from the front. This looks repairable from what I saw but if it has any fatalities that was related to, like 5299, which got renumbered to 5252, I could see that bus returning after it’s investigations and repairments have been done

On 1/15/2021 at 4:36 PM, MHV9218 said:

All those buses have been retired for more than two weeks.

What was the point of retiring those 2007 model OG hybrids anyway? Those buses aren't that old at all and the MTA isn't really known to retire buses at the 12-13 year mark (unless they are CNGs).

4 hours ago, Don Brown said:

What was the point of retiring those 2007 model OG hybrids anyway? Those buses aren't that old at all and the MTA isn't really known to retire buses at the 12-13 year mark (unless they are CNGs).

I think it had something to do with the cost to maintain the buses, but technically any bus over the age of 12 is of retirement age anyways. 

Edited by NewFlyer 230

On 1/24/2021 at 1:34 PM, Bill from Maspeth said:

Battery replacement is quite expensive.

This exactly why they retired most of these buses, high mileage and Batteries. ENY Old gens had very high mileage since 95% of their buses never moved from their depot.

2 hours ago, R32 3838 said:

This exactly why they retired most of these buses, high mileage and Batteries. ENY Old gens had very high mileage since 95% of their buses never moved from their depot.

Speaking of mileage, I think a lot of "the fans" forget that, because of so many weekend bustitutions over the past several years, weekend bus mileage is being acclumulated even though the regular schedules call for these buses to be laid up for the weekend.

On 1/31/2021 at 9:18 AM, Future ENY OP said:

4560 from Grand Avenue was involved in a early morning accident on Rockaway Avenue and Linden Boulevard. Bus suffered extensive front end damage. Bus will be out of service for a bit. From the pictures and media coverage it doesn’t appears that bus will be scrapped. 

I’ll hope 4560 gets repaired soon