MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, UTC Bus Roster said:

Don't you mean 2905? 2906 was scrapped years ago.

It wasn't scrapped years ago, #2906 last tracked on January 27th of this year on the QM31.

Edit: #2905 is currently running on the QM32, so that unit is still in service.

Edited by LegoBrickBreaker101
new info

5 hours ago, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

It wasn't scrapped years ago, #2906 last tracked on January 27th of this year on the QM31.

Edit: #2905 is currently running on the QM32, so that unit is still in service.

Did you physically see 2906? You can't base your info only on tracking. #2906 was sent to scrap years ago. The only 2900's at CP are 2905 & 2910. 2907 was recently send to  ECH Scrap.

10 minutes ago, UTC Bus Roster said:

Did you physically see 2906? You can't base your info only on tracking. #2906 was sent to scrap years ago. The only 2900's at CP are 2905 & 2910. 2907 was recently send to  ECH Scrap.

I have a photo of 2906 on the QM4 from January 19. Keep in mind that 2906 was assigned to Eastchester before so that might be the source of this confusion.

53 minutes ago, UTC Bus Roster said:

Not only on tracking, found this video from last year of #2906: 

Probably should’ve linked this originally, but regardless, it’s headed to scrap now.

My original point with the tracker was that it was still running a few days ago and not “sent to scrap years ago”. I know that BusTime is not super credible, but said bus has been spotted by others running around in the past few months.

1 hour ago, Calvin said:

There was word that 3653 is out of service, to be retired. However, it's at Zerega. To those wondering that the diesel unit is scrapped or not.  

9 minutes ago, 1998NewFlyer said:

The diesel unit is 356

Typed in 6 and 5 in different order. Thanks. But yes. 

Edited by Calvin

• 4 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

That’s odd. I saw it at the Eastchester scrap lot on Saturday. Either I mixed up the number or it left the lot shortly afterwards.

You probably noticed 3059, that unit isn't listed at College Point from the update (not the sites.google one)