MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/3/2021 at 12:18 AM, Around the Horn said:

6728, 6731, 6739, 6754 scrap hold/farebox removed from MJQ

Note that those are still on Hold at MJQ (could become MTAB fleet if necessary) but you're right, they haven't moved in a while.

1 hour ago, MTABusTransitFanner said:

I ain't goin to lie but College Point would really love to operate those D4500CTs.

Maybe the 2013’s. Those 2008’s are going to the ground. Looks like when Castelton CT’s are done expect Spring Creek and Yonkers CT’s gone 

1 hour ago, R32 3838 said:

for those who want to know why those 2200's are going, look at what they are powered by. same goes for the mta bus MCI's. plus they are 13 years old.

You got to remember that the (MTA) is trying to retire buses within the 12 year mark. However, there are still equipment that run well, especially with the now gone flipdot D4500s. The CLs and the '08 CTs are powered by the Caterpillar C13 engine. I get where people are coming from. There are issues with the buses, but there are retiring them in the worst condition. With that in mind, the only time I rode on an D4500CT from Castleton, was in March, and I rode on 2218. The deliveries for the 2020-22 Prevosts has an order of 330 units. They can replace 330 CLs/flipdot D4500s/some '08 CTs if necessary. By then, there would be a total of less than 150 CLs.

Edited by RSMG106

3 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

What the f**k. 😭 Today I learned that the 22xxs were getting scrapped, and in less than 24 hrs almost half are done. This is like a crazy curveball. I know so many ops are mad.

If the MTA didn’t get a bad batch of those 2008’s they would been able to survive for another 2 or 3 years at least.  RIP 2008 D4500CT’s. 

Hmm, I think we're all using the same guy as a source.  😁

Actually, he just amended one of his posts to say that the buses are being sent to Eastchester......for actual MTA Bus passenger service.

So no scrapping...yet.

9 minutes ago, GojiMet86 said:

Hmm, I think we're all using the same guy as a source.  😁

Actually, he just amended one of his posts to say that the buses are being sent to Eastchester......for actual MTA Bus passenger service.

So no scrapping...yet.

Thats a relief and a huge twist in the CTs retiring. But why did they get there fareboxes removed if they going back into service?

1 minute ago, ParkerTheM7 said:

Thats a relief and a huge twist in the CTs retiring. But why did they get there fareboxes removed if they going back into service?

Whenever they switch buses between Transit and MTA Bus, they change the fareboxes.