MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

16 minutes ago, GojiMet86 said:

Hmm, I think we're all using the same guy as a source.  😁

Actually, he just amended one of his posts to say that the buses are being sent to Eastchester......for actual MTA Bus passenger service.

So no scrapping...yet.

I'm a bit confused.  Now they are saying the fareboxes is removed and then is being sent to ECH ? But aren't  they retiring.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

I'm a bit confused.  Now they are saying the fareboxes is removed and then is being sent to ECH ? But aren't  they retiring.

They removed the NYCT fareboxes, and I am assuming that once they arrive at ECH, they will put BusCo fareboxes in them because they are going into passenger service for BusCo instead of going for scrap.

55 minutes ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

Either way, the fareboxes and radios have to be taken out. MTA Bus uses different fareboxes and radios than NYCT. What I don't understand is why they're taking the OMNY readers out as well, if they're staying in service. 

17 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

Either way, the fareboxes and radios have to be taken out. MTA Bus uses different fareboxes and radios than NYCT. What I don't understand is why they're taking the OMNY readers out as well, if they're staying in service. 

I thought in the first place those 2008’s were going to be scrapped? and plus (MTA) bus is getting a good chunk of the Prevost order.  My guess is that the TA wants those 2006-2007 out ASAP.  

26 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

Ahhh yes I get it now. Yeah that's the main part I was confused  about because if the fareboxes is out and everything  else what's the point of just letting ECH use them if they are retiring the CL's and getting new Prevost. And we all know about the condition  those CT's are in so it's funny to hear about this.

14 hours ago, Snorunts said:

4424 is at the Eastchester scrapyard. Unsure what the reason for that is...?

Well that probably means the nova HEV deliveries is gonna start picking up, it’s more of a slow burn in the Bronx than in the other boroughs