Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List


The TransitMan

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

Those two are still at the Eastchester lot.

That’s a copy. Given the circumstances could those possibly be reactivated or are there issues beyond regular maintenance for those 2 to be at the scrap yard. Is 4424 still at Eastchester. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/11/2021 at 2:01 PM, Lawrence St said:

The damage is in the frame its self. Either they'll send it back to New Flyer and get a new 7647, or they'll try to fix the original. 

Unless I'm mistaken, didn't 1020 get sent back to New Flyer already?

1020 isn't at New Flyer, it's just sitting in the Eastchester scrap lot with all the other buses that had accidents/fires

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Joe Fade said:

1020 isn't at New Flyer, it's just sitting in the Eastchester scrap lot with all the other buses that had accidents/fires

So it's on hold pending investigation, which means that bus aint moving from there for the next 5 years.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

So it's on hold pending investigation, which means that bus aint moving from there for the next 5 years.

The same bus that jumped off the bridge a few months bAck!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/16/2021 at 7:44 AM, Future ENY OP said:

The 2 buses in bold may be reactivated. KB is having issues with their HEV’s. 

The problem isn’t with the buses, it’s not enough personnel to make service count. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, FLX9304 said:

The problem isn’t with the buses, it’s not enough personnel to make service count. 

Further explain on this. How does not enough personnel attribute to teething problems on the HEV's? (Just asking for a friend)

Also, (MTA) bus part of the prevost order has slowly resumed as of today. 4 buses are en-route to E'Chester. No mention of HEV's for the 3 depots.

Edited by Future ENY OP
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FLX9304 said:

The problem isn’t with the buses, it’s not enough personnel to make service count. 

In what universe does what you said make sense.

  • LMAO! 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/17/2021 at 9:05 PM, FLX9304 said:

The problem isn’t with the buses, it’s not enough personnel to make service count. 

Uh, no lmao the problem is the buses. KB is having issues with their units. They are all parked OOS in the garage. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Novabus 5000 said:

Uh, no lmao the problem is the buses. KB is having issues with their units. They are all parked OOS in the garage. 

KB units were out on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of this week.. Plus, they just received delivery of 9657.  On Monday all 8 buses were in service on various KB routes. Also, Tuskegee units were out.  Only the Manhattanville batches don't have alot of teething issues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

4556 from ENY Depot was seen at ECH and is on the scrap yard side. 

 

Also 2219, 2227, 3242 from FR to ECH.

2218 from SC to Eastchester Scrap.

Sheesh Already? That Bus Is Only 11-12 Years Old 🤦🏾‍♂️

  • LMAO! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

4556 from ENY Depot was seen at ECH and is on the scrap yard side. 

Unless there was a mechanical problem with the vehicle, it's really unfortunate how NG Hybrids are being sent to Eastchester while there are still a good amount of 2006-07 Hybrids in service in Manhattan and Queens. 
Is 4369, 4372, 4424, 4556, 4560 all confirmed to be retired, storage, or transfers to MTA BUS Company?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

Unless there was a mechanical problem with the vehicle, it's really unfortunate how NG Hybrids are being sent to Eastchester while there are still a good amount of 2006-07 Hybrids in service in Manhattan and Queens. 
Is 4369, 4372, 4424, 4556, 4560 all confirmed to be retired, storage, or transfers to MTA BUS Company?

The likelihood would be for retirement and heading to the scrap yard. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Snorunts said:

Unless there was a mechanical problem with the vehicle, it's really unfortunate how NG Hybrids are being sent to Eastchester while there are still a good amount of 2006-07 Hybrids in service in Manhattan and Queens. 
Is 4369, 4372, 4424, 4556, 4560 all confirmed to be retired, storage, or transfers to MTA BUS Company?

All of them was in the scrap yard side they even moved 4560 a friend of mine saw it yesterday.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

Looks like 2218 is in service  actually.  It was spotted  on the BM4.

But less than 24 hours ago it was sitting at Eastchester waiting to be scrapped for parts..  So the question again are the 2008CT's are hitting the scrap yard or only the worse performing buses?  I saw 2210, 2214 working in Manhattan earlier this week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As you already know, 4556 from East New York is retired. But I noticed that 15 NGs from East New York were last seen in service a while ago, here is their last tracked positions:

3960 6/20 Q24

3962 6/23 B83

3968 6/9 Q24

4105 6/14 B14

4113 6/8 Q24

4134 5/27 B17

4138 6/7 B45

4514 6/7 B12

4524 6/24 B12

4536 6/9 Q56

4538 6/16 B25

4544 6/10 Q56

4555 6/21 B17

4583 6/24 Q56

4588 6/24 B45

Can someone tell me if any of these units are retired? Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MTABusTransitFanner said:

As you already know, 4556 from East New York is retired. But I noticed that 15 NGs from East New York were last seen in service a while ago, here is their last tracked positions:

3960 6/20 Q24

3962 6/23 B83

3968 6/9 Q24

4105 6/14 B14

4113 6/8 Q24

4134 5/27 B17

4138 6/7 B45

4514 6/7 B12

4524 6/24 B12

4536 6/9 Q56

4538 6/16 B25

4544 6/10 Q56

4555 6/21 B17

4583 6/24 Q56

4588 6/24 B45

Can someone tell me if any of these units are retired? Thank you.

6/24 is most certainly not “a while ago…” Buses don’t run every single day. I’d say anything over a week ago is something worth keeping an eye on (especially that 4134). I’ll keep a close eye on these units for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

6/24 is most certainly not “a while ago…” Buses don’t run every single day. I’d say anything over a week ago is something worth keeping an eye on (especially that 4134). I’ll keep a close eye on these units for you.

A lot of older buses at CP run once every few days and no word of their retirement came out. Earlier, one of the established members of this forum has indicated that many buses remain at their depots due to the shortage of bus operators.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

But less than 24 hours ago it was sitting at Eastchester waiting to be scrapped for parts..  So the question again are the 2008CT's are hitting the scrap yard or only the worse performing buses?  I saw 2210, 2214 working in Manhattan earlier this week.

Indeed the 2214 is burning midnight oil in Staten Island as I am typing this message (06-26):

Vehicle 2210 on route SIM33C-Mariners Harbor - Greenwich Village Express 0:37 ahead of 2:15:12AM. going ←Mariners Harbor via N Gannon Av aprchg Henning St on Rion Av

While the 2214 run earlier:

Vehicle 2214 on route SIM35-Port Richmond - Lower Manhattan Express going ←Port Richmond via Clove Rd past Forest Av on Manor Rd Last seen 6:26:50

So both the 2210 and 2214 appear far away from Eastchester, both in therms of physical presence and/or depot affiliation. Let's see what happens over the weekend.

The 2218 was last seen on May 5th in Downtown Manhattan. It can only be located by the NY MTA vehicle search, but not by the MTA bus search.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, TomaszSBklyn said:

Indeed the 2214 is burning midnight oil in Staten Island as I am typing this message (06-26):

Vehicle 2210 on route SIM33C-Mariners Harbor - Greenwich Village Express 0:37 ahead of 2:15:12AM. going ←Mariners Harbor via N Gannon Av aprchg Henning St on Rion Av

While the 2214 run earlier:

Vehicle 2214 on route SIM35-Port Richmond - Lower Manhattan Express going ←Port Richmond via Clove Rd past Forest Av on Manor Rd Last seen 6:26:50

So both the 2210 and 2214 appear far away from Eastchester, both in therms of physical presence and/or depot affiliation. Let's see what happens over the weekend.

The 2218 was last seen on May 5th in Downtown Manhattan. It can only be located by the NY MTA vehicle search, but not by the MTA bus search.

2210 and 2214 never went to scrap. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, MTABusTransitFanner said:

As you already know, 4556 from East New York is retired. But I noticed that 15 NGs from East New York were last seen in service a while ago, here is their last tracked positions:

3960 6/20 Q24

3962 6/23 B83

3968 6/9 Q24

4105 6/14 B14

4113 6/8 Q24

4134 5/27 B17

4138 6/7 B45

4514 6/7 B12

4524 6/24 B12

4536 6/9 Q56

4538 6/16 B25

4544 6/10 Q56

4555 6/21 B17

4583 6/24 Q56

4588 6/24 B45

Can someone tell me if any of these units are retired? Thank you.

 

4 hours ago, Snorunts said:

6/24 is most certainly not “a while ago…” Buses don’t run every single day. I’d say anything over a week ago is something worth keeping an eye on (especially that 4134). I’ll keep a close eye on these units for you.

There is something called "buses getting maintenance". That sometimes takes well over a week and that most certainly does not mean they are retired even is it's around their retirement date. 

For instance, 4739 from GA has not seen service for at least 2 weeks (and probably longer than that). It has been sitting at Zerega as recently as yesterday.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.