MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

3 hours ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

There is something called "buses getting maintenance". That sometimes takes well over a week and that most certainly does not mean they are retired even is it's around their retirement date. 

For instance, 4739 from GA has not seen service for at least 2 weeks (and probably longer than that). It has been sitting at Zerega as recently as yesterday.

Oh, I'm completely aware of that. I'm not the person you needed to quote lol.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/26/2021 at 12:46 AM, MTABusTransitFanner said:

As you already know, 4556 from East New York is retired. But I noticed that 15 NGs from East New York were last seen in service a while ago, here is their last tracked positions:

3960 6/20 Q24

3962 6/23 B83

3968 6/9 Q24

4105 6/14 B14

4113 6/8 Q24

4134 5/27 B17

4138 6/7 B45

4514 6/7 B12

4524 6/24 B12

4536 6/9 Q56

4538 6/16 B25

4544 6/10 Q56

4555 6/21 B17

4583 6/24 Q56

4588 6/24 B45

Can someone tell me if any of these units are retired? Thank you.

The units I have in bold are still in East New York, and are currently working on various ENY routes today and as others indicated that some of the buses are at storage.  It’s also been said that ENY doesn’t have a lot of maintenance bays due to construction and other housekeeping issues. None of those buses are retired as of yet except the for-mentioned 4556.  

On 6/26/2021 at 6:45 AM, MysteriousBtrain said:

There is something called "buses getting maintenance". That sometimes takes well over a week and that most certainly does not mean they are retired even is it's around their retirement date. 

For instance, 4739 from GA has not seen service for at least 2 weeks (and probably longer than that). It has been sitting at Zerega as recently as yesterday.

Ok, makes sense why they would be OOS for that long. Thank you!

13 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

I thought someone said 2910 retired? 

Does not look like. As of the time of writing this post.

1: Vehicle 2910 on route QM12-Forest Hills - Midtown Via 6 Av 0:39 behind 10:41:15AM. going ←Midtown 57 St via 6 Av aprchg 3 Av on E 34 St

The only problem with the 2910 is its tracker. It is acting wacky at times and at times the bus' location on the map and the accompanying descriptions do not match. As indicated in other posts, it also tends the signal from the tracker seems to mysteriously  disappear during the run and when I say disappear I mean it the location of the 2910 is lost (and at times  lost for days) during the run or before reaching one of the destinations.

On 6/24/2021 at 4:49 PM, Ultimategamer12c said:

4556 from ENY Depot was seen at ECH and is on the scrap yard side. 

As of the 7/2/21 roster update, it is still assigned to East New York. Perhaps it is at Eastchester for summer storage. Any pictures by any chance?

2 hours ago, Snorunts said:

As of the 7/2/21 roster update, it is still assigned to East New York. Perhaps it is at Eastchester for summer storage. Any pictures by any chance?

My friend has a pic of it on the Scrap Yard Side it was sitting near 4560, I'm not sure if the bus got moved again or if it's in the same spot of where it was seen at.

Edited by Ultimategamer12c

6 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Not so fast with that post. The damage of that bus is in the rear. Of course with investigation and repairs the bus will be back in service 

Well yes, but the extent of the situation most likely will have it at Eastchester for a while.