MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

On 7/9/2021 at 1:26 PM, 1train2255railfan said:

6713, which retired a while ago, is somehow tracking on the M3 on Transsee. Unless it's a glitch and actually another unit. 

Edit: If you check on Bustime, it actually appears as 6813. On Transsee, it appears as both. 

Turns out that was #9713.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Transit Enthusiast said:

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is the first time since 2010 (when Amsterdam Depot shut down) that #6705 and #6706 have been at Mother Clara Hale full time.

The old Hale depot had the units for about a year or so before it closed in 2008.

39 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

Wow, the OGs are outliving some of the NGs! I thought they would want to retire all or most of the OGs before they started scrapping NGs, not complaining as I like the OGs slightly more than the NGs :)

I find it quite dumb as the 06-07s hybrids are less advanced. Unless the NG Hybrids that were sent to EC have some sort of problems, they should have transferred over to Manhattan Division or QV Depot to displace the remaining 06-07s.

9 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

I find it quite dumb as the 06-07s hybrids are less advanced. Unless the NG Hybrids that were sent to EC have some sort of problems, they should have transferred over to Manhattan Division or QV Depot to displace the remaining 06-07s.

This happens often with new and old buses so this should not surprise anyone here. Bus usage always varies and not all buses were built equal so you would often see older buses outlasting newer ones. 

Edited by Kingsbridgeviewer382

2 hours ago, Snorunts said:

3968, 3989, 4538, 6691, 6708, 6723, 6749, 6759, 6763: At Eastchester awaiting scrap

3968 had its rear sign removed.

Happy news for me glad those Next Gens are retiring  and getting scrapped  now those are my least favorite  buses by Daimler I look forward  to more getting scrapped. 

10 minutes ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

Happy news for me glad those Next Gens are retiring  and getting scrapped  now those are my least favorite  buses by Daimler I look forward  to more getting scrapped. 

Their days in Manhattan and Bronx (NYCB) are limited. Brooklyn Division will be a few buses shy to push out every NG, unless they are given XD40s from JA, but idk if that's going to happen. CS Depot is allotted 079 buses from the new order (they have 091 NG Hybrids). Idk if they're going to keep ~012 of them or get other replacements or whatever's going to happen. I can see QV being the last NYCT depot to store NG Hybrids, but at this rate, it's impossible to know for certain.

12 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

Their days in Manhattan and Bronx (NYCB) are limited. Brooklyn Division will be a few buses shy to push out every NG, unless they are given XD40s from JA, but idk if that's going to happen. CS Depot is allotted 079 buses from the new order (they have 091 NG Hybrids). Idk if they're going to keep ~012 of them or get other replacements or whatever's going to happen. I can see QV being the last NYCT depot to store NG Hybrids, but at this rate, it's impossible to know for certain.

I'll say this.. More than likely we will see some XD40's from Jamaica transfer over to East New York, Grand Ave or Fresh Pond.  Although, Fresh Pond is up first of the 2021/2022 XD40's. If stengel's  XD40's transfer out. Than I could possibly see Ulmer Park and Flatbush getting most of that load.

19 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

I'll say this.. More than likely we will see some XD40's from Jamaica transfer over to East New York, Grand Ave or Fresh Pond.  Although, Fresh Pond is up first of the 2021/2022 XD40's. If stengel's  XD40's transfer out. Than I could possibly see Ulmer Park and Flatbush getting most of that load.

I can't see CS pushing out a single XD40 (YET). If anything, I could see them getting around 12 or 15 from UP to be able to displace every NG Hybrid. I have my doubts about that happening, though.

I think the main step is to focus on pushing out the NG Hybrids from each depot first. (this doesn't concern CA, JA or UP). 

Edited by Snorunts

13 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

Wow, the OGs are outliving some of the NGs! I thought they would want to retire all or most of the OGs before they started scrapping NGs, not complaining as I like the OGs slightly more than the NGs :)

The age difference isn't all that different.  The NG's are 12 years old, which is the age they can begin to get scrapped, although in the past they were held on for about 15 years.  But you have to consider the incidents of road calls and if the batteries need to be replaced, a very expensive proposition.  Finally, the way new 40 footers are coming in, many of these will be scrapped in a year or 2 anyway.

19 hours ago, Snorunts said:

3968, 3989, 4538, 6691, 6708, 6723, 6749, 6759, 6763: At Eastchester awaiting scrap

3968 had its rear sign removed.

This was towed away from FP maybe like 2-3 weeks ago. I wasn’t sure what the deal was with it.  Reason why I didn’t post